Oracle Exadata Database AdministratorReq # 252415 Employment Status Full time Department Information TechnologyLocation Pittsburgh Corporate OfficeAddress 101 Kappa Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 07/07/2021
This position is a Oracle and Oracle Exadata Database Administrator (DBA) for the Data and Analytics Team . The DBA is mainly responsible for maintaining highly visible production databases. Responsibilities include designing, installing, upgrading, patching, tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting databases with large amounts of data (Terabytes) and high transaction rates. Capacity planning, sql analysis, schema revisions, security administration and user account maintenance are also required tasks. Immediate participation in an active on call rotation required. Candidate must be capable of providing off hours support to avoid impacting database availability during normal business hours. The candidate will be widely regarded as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will need to demonstrate an ability to resolve complex problems across wide stack of Data Base.
Job Requirements :
1) Database Availability & Stability
• Experienced in managing database objects, including tables, partitions, indexes, views, sequences
• Experienced in setting up monitoring and alerting for database systems
• Experienced in setting up database cluster, replication, backups, monitoring and SQL tuning.
2) Database Analysis & Design
• Advanced knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL and any of scripting languages used to automate DB related tasks
• Database performance tuning and troubleshooting (Production DB)
• Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
• Self-starter who is excited about learning new technology
• Exposure to security concepts / best practices
• Must be willing to work on-call as part of regular work schedule or off hours when required.
Required Technical Skills:
Needs a minimum of 5 years with Oracle databases requiring the following skills:
Software Products: Oracle X8M, Oracle 11g/12c RDBMS, Oracle 11g/12c RAC, OEM 12c, RMAN, Oracle Data guard (Physical and Active), Advanced Replication, Streams, Golden Gate, Partitioning, Oracle Cloud infrastructure (OCI), Netapp Snap Manager, Advanced Security, Data Vault
Operating Systems: Linux (Redhat, OEL), Solaris, HPUX
Hardware environments: Exadata, HP, Nutanix, SUN, DELL,
Programming Language(s): SQL, PL/SQL, Unix and Shell Scripting
Strong UNIX and Shell scripting
Required Personal Skills & Experience:
Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
Works independently with general supervision.
Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams
Communication & stakeholder management skills
Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues
Certification(s): Oracle Database Administration
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Experienced Baker + 1,000 New Hire Bonus Mentor, Ohio 10/18/2021
- Floater Pharmacist - Pittsburgh North / West Region Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 10/18/2021
- Floral Lead Columbus, Ohio 10/18/2021
- Fuel Station Clerk Westerville, Ohio 10/18/2021
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.