Meat Team Member - BidReq # 228758 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 0061 - South Side - SupermarketAddress 2021 Wharton Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15203 Date posted 10/16/2020
As a Meat Wrapper, you will ensure that our guests are receiving the best and most delicious products, presented according to their requirements. In addition to providing unparalleled guest service and supporting the Meat Lead, you'll be the one we look to make sure that our offerings and services promote guest loyalty, growth and success for the store. To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months;
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Certification or Licensing Required: Food Safety
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Assist in maintaining meat cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure customer safety.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of your work, for your Team Members, guests and products.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers and ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for.
- Have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Provide unparalleled guest service - constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors and stakeholders.
- Inspire your fellow Team Members and our guests with a passion for food and a willingness to go the extra mile to provide the best product.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Replenish products in the meat cases - rotating products and ensuring code dating procedures are followed, leaving only the freshest products available for sale.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room.
- Assist in other areas as required.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.