Sr. Application Support Manager (Pharmacy)Req # 259577 Employment Status Full time Department Information TechnologyLocation Pittsburgh Corporate OfficeAddress 101 Kappa Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 09/02/2021
The Pharmacy Senior Application Support Manager will be the subject matter and technical expert for assigned Pharmacy applications. They will work with the business, technology service help desk, data security and other IT team members to ensure their systems are secure, stable, reliable, and flexible to meet our dynamic business needs.
- Experience Required:
- · 10+ years in managing or lead support of applications; 7+ years’ experience in supporting retail Pharmacy applications
- 10+ years’ experience managing technical team members; In-depth technical expertise and understanding of the retail Pharmacy business
- Experience in improvement of processes, strong problem solving and communication skills, customer advocacy orientation, and leadership in a cross functional team environment
- Consistent track record of superior problem solving and customer service
- Excellent skills in negotiating complex analytic problem solving, customer service, project management leadership, data security and organizational change management
- Experience Desired
- Experience with the full project lifecycle from initial requirements gathering through UAT support to post-implementation support
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with business partners and cross-organizational team members
- Ability to operate within the Linux and SQL environments to aid in issue resolution
- Experience with PDX or other equivalent Pharmacy software systems· Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, Less than 10%; Regional - Overnight, Less than 10%; National, Less than 10%
- Act as the subject matter expert for administrative and strategic issues while coordinating activities and communications between IS and business areas to ensure business needs are met for assigned application area
- Act as the technical focal point for issue resolution; ensuring technical problems are addressed and resolved in a timely manner ensuring a balance between user requirements and technical trade-offs Work with Enterprise Architects to develop long-term strategy and lifecycle plans for each application in your application area.
- Work with Development Leads, Business Leads, Project Managers, and Business Analysts to plan application enhancements; ensuring you are reviewing and examining possible trade-offs with existing systems and researching options to ensure efficient and cost-effective use of advancing technologies
- Develop process improvements of new ideas and concepts in technical design and determine where trade-offs are possible with existing systems, applications and processes to provide greater efficiencies in meeting customer requirements
- Work with the Service Desk Manager to provide direction for application support for assigned area, ensuring consistency, stabilization and 24/7/365 availability of applications to support our business.
- Participate in design sessions and ensure code reviews, documentation and testing are delivered on applicable enhancements and projects within your assigned area to meet Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) standards.Act as the change manager for all Pharmacy Systems updates and deploys
- Work to prioritize root cause analysis on issues to ensure that fixes and modifications are appropriately prioritized to ensure application security, availability and stability within your assigned areas
- Participate in design and ensure code reviews, documentation and testing are delivered on applicable enhancements and projects within your assigned area.
- Work to prioritize root cause analysis and to ensure that fixes and modifications are appropriately prioritized to ensure application availability and stability within your assigned areas.
- Oversee functional Pharmacy Quality Assurance to ensure Pharmacy system functionality meets Giant Eagle quality standards post system upgrades and oversee application configurations to adhere to Pharmacy Operations and Pharmacy Compliance requirements
- Ensure all internal Pharmacy Systems that contain and provide Protected Health Information (PHI) are secure and access levels are regularly audited in compliance with Soc2-Type2 standards
- Provide recommendations to the IT Management Team and implement solutions to reduce the annual operating costs of applications within your area
- Collaborate with Pharmacy Compliance, Operations and Training in order to create and maintain a support team training program for new policies and procedures as a result of legislative changes, internal administrative decisions, and business process changes
- Develop, lead and motivate your team in order to deliver excellent application and business process support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction goals.Ensure Goal and Development Action Plans, 360's and Performance Appraisals are executed by each team member
- Act as a lead point of contact for all Pharmacy IT vendors, ensuring that our desired levels of services are always met
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Experienced Baker + 1,000 New Hire Bonus Mentor, Ohio 10/18/2021
- Floater Pharmacist - Pittsburgh North / West Region Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 10/18/2021
- Floral Lead Columbus, Ohio 10/18/2021
- Fuel Station Clerk Westerville, Ohio 10/18/2021
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.