Fresh Merchandising GetGo DirectorReq # 240992 Employment Status Full time Department MerchandisingLocation GetGo Corporate OfficeAddress 45 McIntyre Square Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15237 Date posted 02/25/2021
Develop the Strategy, Customer Experience, and Merchandising Requirements for the Fresh Food and Beverage categories in GetGo. Utilize data and insights to transform our food strategy while breaking the landscape of the convenience industry to create food as a destination. Provide leadership and empower the food team while partnering with Marketing and Operations to bring new menu items to life. Accountable for all financial results of the department including sales, profits, direct and indirect costs (including TSR and Shrink) and ultimately pretax profit
- Experience Required: 5 to 10 years. 5+ years of experience leading a food team: including vision & strategy, development, and operational execution
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Food Science or related field
- Certification Desired: Food Safety
- Develop the category consumer positioning, growth strategy and annual plan for Fresh to include Made to Order and Prepared Food and Beverages in GetGo.
- Empower and develop the food team consisting of category managers and chefs. Must be a strong leader with the ability to build a great team.
- Direct the Store Design Team to create the optimal consumer experience associated with delivering a distinctive and successful Food First offer.
- Identify new suppliers, negotiate contracts, and continue to evaluate the product Prepared Foods and Beverage product portfolio to grow sales.
- Establish retail pricing guidelines, gross profit, sales objectives, and inventory to maximize potential. Understand market opportunities and pricing structures/ strategies to maximize sales and profits; Develop and maintain plan-o-grams tailored to specific stores to appropriately merchandise products.
- Know the consumer: perform store visits to identify/resolve problems to ensure that customer requirements are met; analyze and understand customer purchase data to recognize trends and maximize profits.
- Identify consumer opportunities through trends, customer feedback, and competitive insights. Be on the forefront of food & beverage trends, consumer insights, and healthy food & beverage concepts with the ability to create a food and beverage concept and leverage local partners.
- Develop, direct, and implement new concepts, recipes, products, procedures, and policies as well as optimize overall supply chain. Set the supply chain requirements and continuously optimize the value chain to enhance sales, margin, and inventory.
- Implement and support all leadership development tools to ensure the continuous development to meet changing customer requirements and the Company's business objectives in carrying out Company strategies.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.