Engineer, Sr. SoftwareReq # 253411 Employment Status Full time Department Information TechnologyLocation Pittsburgh Corporate OfficeAddress 101 Kappa Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 07/13/2021
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will determine programming requirements for systems. In addition, you will design flexible client-server frameworks. You will also analyze and improve performance of software programs, as well as analyze requirements for data exchanges between application software and other systems.
- Experience Required: 5 to 10 years
- Experience Desired: Experience working in a retail supply chain environment
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Candidate should have the following required technical knowledge
- Packages and Functions
- Unix Skills
Additional desired, but not required technical knowledge
- Data warehouse experience
- Atomic/UC4 scheduler experience
- Data Stage
- Design and develop software programs to meet customer and business requirements.
- Coordinate systems analysis, systems development and implementation activities to ensure customer requirements are met or exceeded.
- Organize and prepare program and system documentation according to established procedures to facilitate ongoing support and maintenance.
- Recommend and implement technology and process improvements to increase efficiency.
- Perform formal code reviews and quality assurance activities for newly developed programs.
- Participate in both daylight and off-hour support rotation.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and training of existing software engineers.
- Prevent unauthorized access to information, assets or restricted areas and report any attempts.
- Maintain cognizance of industry trends and new products to evaluate opportunities for achieving maximum effective usage of the Company's investment in information technology.
- Produce all management reports completely, accurately and on time.
- Report any type of problems to the appropriate management in a timely manner.
- Participate in educational and on-the-job training programs as recommended by IT management.
- Communicate well with non-IT personnel and vendors.
- Assist in special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Experienced Baker + 1,000 New Hire Bonus Mentor, Ohio 10/18/2021
- Floater Pharmacist - Pittsburgh North / West Region Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 10/18/2021
- Floral Lead Columbus, Ohio 10/18/2021
- Fuel Station Clerk Westerville, Ohio 10/18/2021
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.