Distribution SupervisorReq # 260392 Employment Status Full time Department Warehouse & Distribution Location OK Grocery Administration - Corporate Office Address 755 Beechnut Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15205 Date posted 09/13/2021
In this fast-paced, energetic environment, our warehouse Team Members are always working behind the scenes to keep our shelves full of the great products our customers want and expect. We’re looking for Team Members who understand the importance of safety and working together as a team.
Giant Eagle’s Transportation & Warehouse Department consists of five perishable and non-perishable distribution centers in Cleveland, OH, and Pittsburgh, PA — American Seaway Foods, Butler Refrigerated Meats, Fresh Foods Manufacturing, HBC Service Co., and OK Grocery Co. — all of which help us serve more than 5 million customers annually at over 400 retail locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
What makes a successful Warehouse Team Member?
- Team player
May be eligible for Medical benefits based on hours worked and location.
May be eligible for Dental benefits based on hours worked and location.
Health and Wellness Programs
Life Resources and online Wellness Programs for Team Members and their families.
Must be at least 21 years of age to participate.
Paid Time Off
May be eligible for Paid Time Off based on hours worked and location.
Team Member Incentive
Incentives based on attendance and performance. May be eligible based on position and location.
10% off own brand products.
Rate of pay varies based on position and location.
Warehouse Selector & U.S. Navy Veteran
Giant Eagle has supported me financially. I was able to buy my own house, instead of renting and that feels wonderful!
Distribution Supervisors plan and coordinate the activities of Distribution Center Team Members to achieve departmental and organizational objectives in a unionized environment. You will also plan and coordinate the activities of Distribution Center Team Members to achieve departmental and organizational objectives.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Experience Desired: 3 - 5 years of supervisory experience
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Plan and coordinate the work activities of Distribution Center Team Members by integrating the use of labor management and inventory systems.
- Schedule Distribution Team Members and allocate job assignments to ensure production demands are accomplished efficiently.
- Provide clear direction to Team Members to meet customer requirements, production demands and Company goals.
- Maintain a consistent presence on the warehouse floor to observe, monitor and coach the job performance of Distribution Center Team Members.
- Utilize reporting systems to provide the Shift Manager and other Department Managers with accurate accounts of production activities.
- Communicate with stores, external vendors and other Distribution Center Departments to ensure that production and internal and external customer requirements are met. Encourage open lines of communication with other Shift Managers, Supervisors and subordinates to ensure cohesiveness and the safe and efficient operation of the Distribution Center.
- Pursue and foster positive working relationships with new and existing Team Members and Union representatives to promote Team Member satisfaction and increase retention.
- Utilize problem solving and conflict resolution skills and escalate situations to Shift Manager, Operations Manager and/or Human Resources when appropriate.
- Demonstrate and promote ethical, professional behavior.
- Have flexibility in scheduling with the availability to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime when necessary.
- Consistently administer and maintain compliance within the Labor Agreement.
- Communicate and enforce federal, Corporate and Company policies and procedures.
- Promote safety and productivity guidelines to reinforce and recognize good work habits, identify training needs or initiate corrective action for Team Members.
- Encourage open lines of communication with other Departments, Shift Manager, and co-workers to ensure cohesiveness and the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Perform special projects as needed and assigned.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Warehouse, Transportation & Manufacturing Opportunities
Our Warehouse, Transportation and Manufacturing Team Members serve more than 5 million customers every year, working to keep our supermarkets, GetGo’s, and pharmacies stocked with the great products our guests expect. From our Warehouse Selectors to our CDL Drivers, and our Mechanics to our Distribution Supervisors, no matter your role, you will be surrounded by a dedicated team and supported by a company that helps turn jobs into careers.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.