Director, eCommerce Technology SystemsReq # 260402 Employment Status Full time Department Information TechnologyLocation Pittsburgh Corporate OfficeAddress 101 Kappa Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 09/13/2021
As a Director of Technology Systems, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, monitoring and controlling all aspects of the development of applications, as well as the implementation of packaged systems, in accordance with the Giant Eagle development strategy and standards. This position has tactical and overall operational responsibility for the developers. You will define, monitor and update the overall development plan, with emphasis on setting realistic estimates and ensuring that they are met. You will adhere to the SDLC and metrics that measure and improve team performance. You will also provide 24/7 support for all Company technology and innovation.
- Experience Required: Over 10 years; Five+ years experience in project or IT management; Five+ years experience in leadership and supervisory role(s)
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Education Preferred: Masters Degree
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, Less than 10%; Regional - Overnight, Less than 10%; National, Less than 10%
- Serve as the IT representative and point of contact on all application development within respective programs, working with the business to ensure solutions satisfy the business needs. Have principle responsibility for the application development aspects of the Giant Eagle IS strategy.
- Responsible for overseeing the design, development and enhancement of multiple web-based applications and client server applications. Manage a team of technical consultants and advisory and senior-level developers. Responsible financially for the total budget for the development team, serving as the authorizing manager for team member expenditure and staff augmentation with third-party consulting firms.
- Plan, lead, assign, supervise and control activities related to software design and development.
- Participate and work with software architects and developers in the analysis and development of technical requirements.
- Work together with the Portfolio Manager, Project Manager and business counterparts to plan and execute projects and enhancements, ensuring that teams have appropriate requirements and technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver solutions effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that the work remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Effectively manage the team by properly balancing workload between Team Members, setting clear expectations for each Team Member and creating a culture of both individual and team accountability. Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members to achieve their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Serve as primary technical contact and share responsibility with the project office with outside technology vendors and application development service providers in the generation of RFPs, bids, contracts, agreements, staff augmentation and other major vendor interactions, systems operations and maintenance.
- Develop or review requirements for projects and review with business and developers to ensure accurate requirements are established prior to programming. Analyze proposed systems, make recommendations and approve solutions to ensure project meets current needs and provides flexibility for future business needs.
- Hold team meetings and regular Team Member status meetings to review strategic goals and initiatives, promote team building and work to provide growth paths for team members.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and providing appropriate training for development Team Members.
- Provide leadership, vision and management to the Giant Eagle IS department. Proactively seek opportunities, within the business and external partners, to improve and enhance the efficiency of the organization through innovative and improved systems development.
- Conduct performance evaluations and reviews and manage all day-to-day personnel issues and hiring of the development team while fostering an environment of dedication to the success of the Giant Eagle strategy.
- Responsible for achieving effectiveness through the identification and provision of shared systems and potential optimization opportunities across all development work.
- Play a critical role in the development of the Giant Eagle technology strategy and the execution of the strategy. Identify which technologies and systems can help realize the future needs of the business.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Experienced Baker + 1,000 New Hire Bonus Mentor, Ohio 10/18/2021
- Floater Pharmacist - Pittsburgh North / West Region Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 10/18/2021
- Floral Lead Columbus, Ohio 10/18/2021
- Fuel Station Clerk Westerville, Ohio 10/18/2021
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.