Deli Team MemberReq # 263402 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 0045 - Wexford - SupermarketAddress 9805 McKnight Road 9805 McKnight Road Pittsburgh, PA 15237 Date posted 10/06/2021
Our Sales Clerks are responsible for help ensuring our guests’ needs are met. Our Sales Clerks are assigned to a primary area, but, in addition to your primary area, you will also be fully trained and able to assist customers in other all areas of the store including, but not limited to, the prepared foods and meat departments. To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success, and you are eager to support an amazing team.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Prior experience in the related field; Food Safety Knowledge
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 16 years of age
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide unparalleled guest service, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Cultivate a foodie culture by sharing excitement and passion for food with Team Members and guests.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
- Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor (to ensure safety), and sanitation regulations are met.
- Stock cases by taking product from delivery area and placing product in proper location on shelf.
- Service guests by answering questions promptly and with a smile.
- Order product as needed by scanning appropriate shelf tag or punching in numbers on order machine.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Add new items to shelves by moving existing items and displaying products appropriately and in adherence to safety standards.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.