Data Services Senior DirectorReq # 260986 Employment Status Full time Department Information TechnologyLocation Pittsburgh Corporate OfficeAddress 101 Kappa Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 09/16/2021
Collaborate closely with the senior leadership team, providing technical vision, develop and deliver enterprise-wide solutions for complex data challenges, including developing and applying wholistic models based on standardized data that will enable insights, improve decision making, and automate processes to shape Giant Eagle’s roadmap for the future.
- Experience Required: 10+ years
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Support data services vision and roadmap. Serve as primary subject matter expert across the organization, leading data standardization and transformation strategy to ensure it supports driving business outcomes and value to our customers
- Build a modern data environment focused on delivering actionable insights to the business quickly and efficiently whilst leveraging sound governance, tools, and technology keeping Giant Eagle on the forefront of innovation
- Contribute to the cross-functional data strategy to ensure quality and diverse data sets are available to support bringing products and analytics to market that strategically contribute to revenue growth and deeper customer relationships
- Act as strategic challenger/advisor to business units in an end-to-end way based on deep customer and market insight. In consultation/collaboration with senior leaders, determine where to deploy resources to improve execution, with a hands-on mentality to ensure the most difficult problems are efficiently solved by the team.
- Build and lead a team of highly technical and motivated individuals who have a passion for data, engineering, and customer service and satisfaction. Continue to attract, develop, inspire and retain a turbo-charged, vibrant team of extraordinary, agile, high-performing key talent, ultimately leading powerfully through others who are comfortable leading change and help with expanding that knowledge outside of the Engineering team.
- Develop data architecture and integration strategy that will drive the transformation of Giant Eagle to a data driven company.
- Identify, design, and architect internal process improvements related to data acquisition, processing, and standardization. This includes automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability and future growth.
- Define best practices and guidelines which can be shared across the enterprise to help ensure high quality data and data systems across all platforms.
- Build a culture of continuous innovation and remain on the cutting edge of new technology and market and industry trends.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.