Data Center OperatorReq # 225898 Employment Status Full time Department Information TechnologyLocation Pittsburgh Corporate OfficeAddress 101 Kappa Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 09/17/2020
As a Data Center Operator, you will be responsible for computer operations as described and prepared by software engineers, systems engineers, database administrators, users or operations. You will be responsible for analyzing and resolving data communications, voice communications, hardware, software and applications problems such as network outages, telephone outages, operational discrepancies, job aborts, network issues and voice issues at retail locations and distribution centers. You will set controls on and operate the computer and peripheral devices as required to run production requests while maintaining reports that list each job and any events, such as machine malfunctions, that occur. You will also coordinate escalation and notification of service outages related to network and system outages.
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years; Demonstrated ability to resolve technical issues and adhere to data center processes; Ability to work shifts
- Experience Desired: 1-4 years experience network administration experience
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent plus 18 months to 3 years of additional training
- Travel Required: None
- Operate computer systems ensuring job schedules and deadlines are met.
- Report any type of problems or potential problems to the appropriate management or teams in a timely manner. Ability to work under severe deadlines.
- Under general supervision, monitor data communications in an IBM/MVS environment and Local Area Network by using various hardware/software interfaces to ensure availability of the data to the customer.
- Perform network problem determination, documentation and resolution using various hardware and software diagnostic tools and by interfacing with various vendors, service providers and end users to ensure the integrity and availability of the network.
- Maintain computer hardware in accordance with established procedures to ensure equipment is operating efficiently.
- Initiate and verify successful completion of jobs, scripts and other tasks that send or receive data to or from remote locations by using systems and application utility programs, screens and reports to ensure data is accurately sent and received according to written procedures.
- Perform backups of daily, weekly, and monthly data on all computing platforms according to established procedures.
- Monitor MVS, UNIX, Linux and Windows platforms for system integrity and availability.
- Monitor alarm panels and respond to security alarm by investigating cause and taking appropriate action to ensure building is secure.
- Perform normal and abnormal system shutdowns in the most productive manner.
- Prevent unauthorized access to information, assets or restricted areas and report any attempts.
- Flexibility to work 12 hour shifts, day or night, including weekends and over time as needed.
- Working knowledge of network standards/procedures and telecommunications trouble-shooting.
- Basic knowledge of MVS operator commands, JCL, utilities, operations policies and procedures.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.