GetGo Category Manager - Made to Order BeverageReq # 249361 Employment Status Full time Department MerchandisingLocation GetGo Corporate OfficeAddress 45 McIntyre Square Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15237 Date posted 07/06/2021
Lead the both the Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic MTO beverage strategy for GetGo including all buying, promotional planning, and merchandising functions with the mission of further developing and growing the business while achieving or exceeding budgeted financial goals. The Category Manager position is responsible for guiding, implementing, and developing merchandising business strategies for all MTO Beverage. The individual will work regularly with store operations and the Director of Fresh to identify new product/category opportunities to maximize sales and profits.
- In conjunction with leadership, manage the GetGo MTO Beverage categories to achieve annual financial goals including sales objectives, gross margin, shrink, known loss, inventory turns and service level, making strategic and tactical adjustments as necessary.
- Assist in the development of strategic plan and annual operating plan (budget) in accordance with GetGo Fresh LOB strategic goals and in partnership with leadership.
- Directly responsible for all MTO Beverage category including assortment, pricing strategy, promotion, planning and day to day operation of the business.
- Identify new suppliers and add/discontinue products to maintain a variety of products.
- Lead department design, layouts, and equipment evaluation for the development of GetGo stores; including remodel and design changes to existing stores.
- Source innovative new beverage products, ideas, and promotions including the ability to get in/out of trends quickly, to includes seasonal and event opportunities.
- Collaborates cross-functionally by developing and maintaining key business relationships with Category Management, Operations, Marketing, Accounting, Business Analysis, and outside vendors or suppliers to effectively manage existing, and implement new products, programs, and category initiatives.
- Manages key vendor relationships including, but not limited to, responding to vendor requests, contract negotiations, pricing discrepancies, rebate processing, and troubleshooting any issues.
- Monitors the industry and competitive landscape. Analyzes internal data such as sales, sourcing, and pricing. Identifies patterns and market trends to help refine product strategies.
- Design and execute consumer/customer insights focused business plan with the end goal being increased share and household penetration, frequency of shops and basket size.
- Represents the category in various cross-functional meetings and manages various ad-hoc special projects for the category as necessary.
- Collaborate with leadership to create robust and intentional 1, 2, and 3-year category plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, business, or related field preferred. Other combinations of job-related experience and education that meet the requirements may be substituted
- Restaurant, QSR, or Beverage Retail Management preferred
- Beverage and Hospitality industry experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the alcohol, beverages, and coffee is required.
- Merchandising, Product and Analytical Skills
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Understanding of merchandising functions and tools
- Able to work quickly and independently in a deadline-driven environment
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Ability to train others on product specifics
- Maintain schedule flexibility when working on specific projects
Shared Value Expectations:
- Giant Eagle Team Members are expected to demonstrate our Common Purpose in all aspects of their responsibilities: Together, we improve people's everyday lives and well-being. We recognize that respect for our Team Members drives our success and generates positive outcomes for our customers, communities, and shareholders
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.