Category BuyerReq # 225436 Employment Status Full time Department MerchandisingLocation Pittsburgh Corporate OfficeAddress 101 Kappa Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 09/15/2020
As a Category Buyer, you will assume responsibility for managing the sourcing, buying, merchandising and promotional planning of your assigned category. Your ability to manage these responsibilities is essential for driving sales, achieving margin targets, and enhancing the overall image of our Company.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years with 3-4 years experience preferred in Retail Industry, strong analytical and interpersonal skills, proficient in Excel & Word
- Experience Desired: Experience in buying and merchandising
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree; High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Food Safety
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 10 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, Less than 10%
- Meet and interact with vendors to facilitate communication regarding day to day buying operations.
- Establish Retail Support Center and retail pricing guidelines, gross profit, sales objectives and inventory turn objectives to maximize potential.
- Maintain records on supplier service levels, buying turns, out of stocks and damages to evaluate supplier and Retail Support Center efficiency.
- Research and resolve invoicing discrepancies to ensure accurate accounts payable records are maintained.
- Coordinate buying/merchandising functions with Retail Support Center, Operations, and Logistics to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Select and input data on new products to provide customers with new items.
- Assist Category Manager with merchandising, advertising and special projects relating to the buying/merchandising function.
- Maintain cognizance of product variety, trends, market opportunities and pricing structures/strategies to maximize sales and profits.
- Order product based on movement and resulting Manufacturing inventory to ensure an adequate supply of product is available to support food operations.
- Manage inventory balances to optimize raw material inventory conversion into finished goods.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.