Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or email@example.com. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Assistant Store Leader (FT) Pittsburgh MarketReq # 121409BR Employment Status Full time Department Fuel & Convenience Location 3172 - Waterworks - GetGo Standalone Address 1081 Freeport Road Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 01/15/2020
Job SummaryAs a GetGo Assistant Store Leader, you will serve as a key player in keeping the store team running like clockwork. You will coach, supervise and lead the team in addition to, and often on behalf of, the Store Leader. You will be learning, performing and mastering the functions and responsibilities of Team Members and leadership within the building. You will play a vital role in growing sales, executing merchandising plans, providing excellent customer service, controlling costs and continuously improving processes.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, Less than 10%
- Your principal, main, major or most important duty includes one or some combination of the following tasks:
1. interview, select and train Team Members;
2. direct the work of Team Members;
3. appraise Team Members’ productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status;
4. handle Team Member issues including, but not limited to complaints;
5. discipline Team Members;
6. plan the work;
7. distribute or assign the work among Team Members;
8. provide for the safety and security of Team Members or the store;
9. manage the budget for your department or location;
10. manage inventory for your department or location; or
11. monitor or implement compliance measures
12. You also (i) customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more Team Members or their equivalent, (i.e., work totaling at least 80 regular hours a week), and (ii) you make recommendations as to hiring, firing, discipline or any other change in Team Member status.
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided to department Team Members to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control labor costs.
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team by focusing on respect and by setting an exemplary example.
- Identify strengths and opportunities of the team and think strategically when making moves and scheduling.
- Develop future leaders, identify Team Members who are poised to rise through the ranks and remember our people are our best asset!
- Nurture an environment of inclusion and diversity, giving each Team Member a voice.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work: for Team Members, for guests and for products.
- Set and reach aggressive sales and profit goals by making suggestions when appropriate
- Establish an ongoing communication plan with the team, ensuring that all Team Members are informed and prepared to put their best food forward!
- Make innovative plans and suggestions to improve our business.