Overnight Deli Clerk + $2/hour Shift Bonus!Req # 265926 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 6528 - New Albany - Market DistrictAddress 5461 New Albany Road West New Albany, OH 43054 Date posted 10/25/2021
Night Crew Stock Clerks are key to making sure customers receive the products they need promptly and accurately — leaving our store with smiles and memories of unparalleled service. The majority of their time is spent on the sales floor, where they are responsible for replenishing stock and providing efficient service from "wall to wall" in each area of our store. You are a team player at heart. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to be part of an amazing group, and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Prior experience working in Grocery or related industry
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Stock, rotate, block and maintain product on shelves and have knowledge of code dating.
- Provide exemplary customer service and greet customers in a friendly manner.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Assist store leadership with inventory management, AR and ordering functions.
- Monitor expiration dates of products.
- Maintain safety as the top priority for our Team Members, guests and products.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines.
- Set up displays on the sales floor.
- Unload and store food items in prep areas and coolers.
- Unload product from truck and break down any pallets.
- Load flats with proper product to be taken to the floor and hand stacked.
- Assist in maintaining back room efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Receive and process all vendor products.
- Ensure that vendors are delivering product to the receiving area during established delivery times, and that the number of vendors in the backroom at one time doesn't exceed proper levels.
- Prepare product to be stocked by taking case of pallet, cutting it open and loading onto flat, pricing, if necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils and floor.
- Maintain a clean, organized and clutter-free backroom/receiving area operation.
- Make cardboard bales with bailer paper crusher.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, understand and communicate, which includes the willingness to taste and experience new product offerings.
- Become familiar with products in the store so you can answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, customers, vendors and the community.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.