Dairy Lead + $500 New Hire BonusReq # 247764 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 6528 - New Albany - Market DistrictAddress 5461 New Albany Road West New Albany, OH 43054 Date posted 05/09/2021
Dairy Leads provide leadership in the dairy department by directing and managing Team Members, ordering perishable and non-perishable products and supplies and implementing merchandising initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business while meeting customer requirements and maximizing profits. The Dairy Lead also assists the Grocery Manager in supervising all Team Members in the dairy department.To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Experience Desired: Prior experience in grocery/dairy or related field
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Develop and implement merchandising plans using guidelines and suggestions in order to meet the financial objectives of the department.
- Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations to increase profitability.
- Direct, oversee and evaluate training provided by a trainer to department employees in order to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control labor costs.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure health and OSHA requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain communication processes with other departments in order to develop marketing plans that help meet the financial objectives of the store.
- Analyze the Customer Satisfaction Index and Team Member Point of View Survey to identify areas needing improvement and develop processes and/or procedures to address the issues.
- Maintain accurate department records to ensure documentation of activities is available.
- Ensure that proper procedures are being followed so that the store meets out of stock percentage goals.
- Promote continuous development of employees and identify candidates for the Team Leader Development Program.
- Understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of difference for our Company. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment that embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, customers, vendors and the community.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering raw materials and supplies to meet customer requirements and maximize profits.
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning inventory and work processes to calculate gross monthly profit according to company policy.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Fuel Clerk + $500 Sign on Bonus! Mentor-on-the-Lake, Ohio 06/24/2021
- Overnight Stock Clerk + $500 New Hire Bonus Pickerington, Ohio 06/20/2021
- Overnight Fuel Station Team Member + $500 Sign on Bonus Painesville, Ohio 06/24/2021
- Overnight Fuel Station Team Member + $500 Sign On Bonus Painesville, Ohio 06/24/2021
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.