Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or email@example.com. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Wine Steward (Full-time) Southland Giant EagleReq # 118957BR Employment Status Full-Time Location (department) Store #0217 - Southland Address 6869 Southland Drive, Middleburg Heights, OH 44130 Date posted 11/08/2019
Position SummaryWine Stewards at Giant Eagle create points of difference from our competition by enhancing the customer shopping experience, offering recommendations for wine, food, and entertainment. Our well-trained, knowledgeable Wine Stewards help develop and showcase Giant Eagle¿s Passion for Food, and leverage their expertise to position our stores as THE stores to shop for wine and beer.
- Assist customers with B/W/L purchases by providing knowledgeable recommendations and suggestions.
- Educate customers on wine consumption and food pairings
- Take an active role in building the store¿s beer/wine assortment, throughout the year and at resets, by regularly communicating with distributors and LOB Merchandising staff.
- Plan seasonal and major promotional operations with the Store Leader for out-of-department display placement, keep record of results
- Assist with implementing marketing techniques to drive sales.
- Develop and execute merchandising and marketing programs to drive sales and profit margins
- Follow proper procedures to ensure BWL meets out-of-stock, shrink and inventory level goals.
- Develop unique customer tasting events and sampling programs
- Ensure proper ordering, receiving and stocking of BWL products, and proper signage within department.
- Participate in on-going product and customer service training programs; attend distributor trade shows as necessary
- Participate in ¿in-store¿ team meetings and regional meetings.
- Ensure store and personal compliance with Ohio Liquor Laws and company policies and procedures regarding Alcohol; ability to uncover any potential under-age or intoxicated individual and ensure no alcohol is sold to that person.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor (to ensure safety), and ensure that sanitation regulations are met.
- Knowledge of code dating.
- Visit competition regularly and at least once a month.
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility.
Reports To: Team Leader, Liquor - H
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months to 1 year
- Sales training or related experience
- Previous management experience or training
- Wine knowledge and/or wine industry experience
- Experience in retail food, catering or restaurant environment
- Professional certification in wine
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Continuous Learner
- Open to Feedback
- Presentation & Verbal Communic
- Fax Machine
- Marking guns
- Pricing guns
- Wine dispensing unit
- Growler Station
- Ordering Machine
About UsGiant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We're creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.