Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Pharmacy Intern (Part-Time) Donaldson's Crossroads Giant EagleReq # 115352BR Employment Status Part-Time Location (department) Store #0070 - Donaldson's Cros Address 4007 Washington Road, McMurray, PA 15317 Date posted 09/11/2019
Position SummaryThe purpose of this position is to join and contribute to a service conscious pharmacy team who will consistantly build relationships with patients by exceeding their needs and providing safe, accurate and efficient care to achieve optimal patient , team member and company outcomes.
- Immediately acknowledge and welcome patients with compassion and a smile at all pharmacy entry points.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs including processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to products and merchandise and referring appropriate questions concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the pharmacist
- Use the pharmacy computer to complete all actions necessary to maximize efficiency and customer service at drop-off, will call, drive thru, phone, filling and order receiving, including but not limited to:
- search for patients and profiles
- determine dates of fill and pick-up
- determine prescriptions sent to Central Fill
- quote cash prices of prescriptions
- check on-hand counts of medications
- enter invoices.
- Finalize sales using cash register according to established procedures including the Point of Sale Policies
- Answer telephone in a polite and timely manner and ensure accurate information is exchanged and customer is satisfied.
- Perform all supporting duties to contribute to the safe and efficient dispensing of all patient medication/durable medical equipment by following all quality assurance policy and procedures including selecting and counting medication
- Comply with all Giant Eagle and Pharmacy policies including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrine
- Perform all data entry functions including but not limited to:
-Entering patient personal data and insurance information
-Entering all prescription information including calculations, free form directions, medications/durable medical equipment and proper documentation for transmitting to insurance companies
-Review profiles for appropriate billing choices and alert pharmacists appropriately for drug utilization reviews
-Calling and resolving third party rejections and rebilling claims
-Entering and processing refills and adding patients to Refills on Time Program
-Processing Medical Expense Reports
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs
- Maintain proper inventory levels by submitting on line order, adding and adjusting order points, order quantities and on-hand counts in the computer and assisting manager in preparation of physical inventories
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment to ensure Company and government requirements are met
- File written prescriptions daily
- Assist team members with tasks to ensure department runs efficiently
- Review all appropriate service and business metrics and assist team on action plans to improve outcome
- Perform all regular duties of Pharmacy Technician
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility
Reports To: Team Leader, Pharmacy
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors Degree - Must be currently pursuing a Pharmacy degree
- 0 to 6 months
- Normal office environment
- Carrying Up to 25 pounds
- Lifting Up to 25 pounds
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Cash Register
- Deposit Safe
- Drive Thru
- Fill Station
- Ordering Machine
- Safety Cutter
Licenses/Certifications RequiredActive Pharmacy Intern License
About UsGiant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We're creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.