Bakers HelperReq # 253316 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 0208 - Legacy Village - SupermarketAddress 25105 Cedar Road Lyndhurst, OH 44124 Date posted 07/12/2021
Bakers Helpers prepare and produce quality bakery products and assist bakers to ensure customer requirements are met. They also help build customer loyalty by providing unparalleled customer service. To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you. You are creative with cuisine and love to help others foster their own creativity. An interest in food doesn't quite scratch the surface for you — you're passionate about the business, the trends and what makes customers tick. You have culinary vision beyond a simple "what's for dinner?" and every opportunity to connect with people is an opportunity for you exchange ideas and learn tricks of the trade.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Prior experience working in Bakery or related industry
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Finish and package products according to established procedures.
- Insert products into proof box, set controls and close door to ensure proper size and shape of product.
- Work neatly and efficiently, following the direction of the bakery leader.
- Prepare and fry donuts according to established procedures.
- Insert products into and retrieve products from the freezer and cooler to preserve freshness.
- Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, utensils and floor (to ensure safety), as well as ensure sanitation regulations are met by following daily checklists.
- Perform housekeeping duties and maintenance functions as needed to remain compliant with company standards.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
- Finish products according to established procedures.
- Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of difference for our Company. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment that embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, customers, vendors and the community.
- Unload Stock, code date, and rotate products to ensure customers receive the freshest products possible.
- Follow all procedures in accordance with company standards to eliminate out-of-stocks, maintain presentation, increase sales, increase customer satisfaction, maintain an accident free work environment and decrease shrink.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.