Seafood CaptainReq # 228493 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 1611 - Louisville - SupermarketAddress 108 West Main Street Louisville, OH 44641 Date posted 11/20/2020
To thrive as a Seafood Captain, you’ll model, understand and promote our safety processes and requirements according to the Health Department, HACCP, OSHA, along with our policies and procedures. With safe work practices and properly maintained equipment, we will protect ourselves, our Team Members, our customers and our banner. You’ll represent the organization in a professional manner through appearance, language and behavior. You’ll develop and promote individuals with mutual respect, inclusion, diversity and dignity. And lead Team Member training and development so the preparation, production and displaying of product shows a deep passion for food. As a leader, you’ll coach Team Members on a regular basis with timely feedback, identify opportunities for development and success and recognize and reward Team Members for going the extra mile and delivering great service.
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: Food Safety licensing
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Execute, follow and support business initiatives.
- Monitor adherence to Company policies and procedures and measure results.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering products and supplies in order to meet customer requirements and maximize profits.
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning inventories and work processes to calculate gross monthly profit according to company policy.
- Delegate meaningful responsibility and decision-making authority to the right people, clearly communicate expectations, provide the right amount of direct support and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Communicate federal, state, county or local regulations by training Team Members on new and existing laws to ensure compliance.
- Implement our strategic business plan regarding the seafood business in order to improve sales and gross profit.
- Recommend ways to take the cost out of business and provide feedback on the effectiveness of the business plan.
- Schedule Team Members and delegate work assignments in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement when applicable.
- Review and analyze store financial, LOB reports and historical reports to improve performance in sales, profits, shrink, labor controls and reduction.
- Oversee period inventories for accuracy and monitor weekly fluctuations in inventory and shrink dollars.
- Maintain audit lists, inventory reduction plans and retail strategies to ensure the most efficient operation of the department.
- Develop and maintain communication processes with the other departments in the store in order to develop marketing plans which help to meet the financial objective of the store.
- Participate in meetings and training seminars mutually agreed upon with the Store Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.