Apprentice Meat Cutter + $500 New Hire BonusReq # 228683 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 4012 - Hermitage - SupermarketAddress 2365 East State Street Hermitage, PA 16148 Date posted 10/16/2020
Our Meat Cutter Apprentices ensure that our guests are receiving the best and most delicious products, presented according to their requirements. In addition to providing unparalleled guest service and supporting the Meat Lead, you'll make sure that our offerings and services promote guest loyalty, and growth and success for the store. As a member of our Meat Team, your primary responsibility will be to cut meat and other products for sale and ensure our customers are provided with the freshest product possible. You’ll create and sustain an exemplary customer service atmosphere to build lifelong relationship by focusing on understanding and exceeding customer needs. To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Prior experience in the field or related field
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Education Preferred: High School diploma or equivalent; Vocational/Technical
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Learn to cut meat to be sold to customers by taking the product out of the cooler and cutting meat into smaller sizes to be packaged for sale.
- Learn to make ground meat by putting coarse ground into grinder then traying meat.
- Accurately record and assist in preparation of special orders to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Assist in maintaining meat cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Learn all aspects of code dating.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Wrap and maintain meat case.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure guest safety.
- Provide products and services that meet the requirements of internal and external customers at all times, and abide by the Company's Guiding Principles, Common Purposes, and Service Credo's.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring their orders are filled to meet their expectations. Meat Team Members are also expected to make suggestions to our customers to enhance their shopping experience.
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food knowledge with fellow team members and customers.
- Learn and retain current all work methods put in place.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor and sanitation to insure a clean and safe work environment.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members, Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.