Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or email@example.com. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Pharmacy Delivery Driver (Part-Time) Hempfield Square Giant EagleReq # 111923BR Department Name Pharmacy Employment Status Part-Time Location (department) Store #0009 - Hempfield Square Address 6204 Route 30, Greensburg, PA 15601 Date posted 07/11/2019
Position SummaryProvide efficient and accurate prescription delivery service for Pharmacy customers. Contribute to a service-centered Pharmacy Team by consistently building relationships with customers and exceeding their needs and provide safe and efficient care to achieve optimal customer, Team Member and Company outcomes.
- Deliver prescriptions to pharmacy customers on a daily basis utilizing a provided company vehicle
- Follow all Giant Eagle pharmacy established delivery procedures to insure customers receive the correct prescription orders in a safe and timely manner
- Utilize the pharmacy computer system to complete all actions necessary to maximize efficiency and provide optimal patient care at will call, phone, fill station, including but not limited to: Searching for patients and profiles and determine time, dates and routes for prescription delivery
- Adhere to all company, state and federal policies, laws and regulations including HIPAA
- Finalize all sales (Including delivery) using cash register and tablet according to established procedures including the Point of Sale
- Perform assigned duties of a pharmacy technician when not delivering prescriptions. These duties include, but are not limited to, operating the cash register, answering phones and working at the FILL station
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\$0
Reports To: Team Leader, Pharmacy
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0 to 6 months
- Inclement weather (hot/cold, snowy, rainy)
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Lifting Up to 25 pounds
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Computer Skills
- Continuous Learner
- Open to Feedback
- Company provided phone and tablet
- Cash Register
- Deposit Safe
- Drive Thru
- Fill Station
- Ordering Machine
- Safety Cutter
Licenses/Certifications DesiredState Issued Driver's License - Clean Driving Record
About UsGiant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We're creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.