Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Warehouse Selector (Full Time), Mfg. Freedom PAReq # 111710BR Department Name Warehouse - General Employment Status Full-Time Location (department) Freedom Road Warehouse Address 2500 Lovi RD, Freedom, PA 15042 Date posted 07/11/2019
Position SummaryThe position performs a variety of general Distribution Center functions including Receiving, Loading, and High Lift Operations in order to safely and efficiently assist the facility in meeting daily production and customer service requirements. Rate of Pay: $15.05 per hour with additional Pay Shift Differential of .25. Benefits, Incentives, Team Member Discounts.
- Receive incoming freight into the Distribution Center.
- Compare shipping documents to the purchase order to determine if they are the same with regard to quantity and product description.
- Check all product expiration / code dates, quantity and condition of cases and pallets.
- Report variances to appropriate supervision/department to determine if product will be accepted or refused.
- Place correct receiving tag in proper location on each pallet of product; Accurately select product by matching slot numbers and product descriptions.
- Total the numbers on the purchase order and note variances to the bill of lading.
- Follow all applicable safety and sanitation procedures, including food safety procedures; Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, including the safe operation of equipment and help to maintain a safe, clean work environment.
- Put away inbound freight accurately and safely according to preferred methods.
- Report all merchandise discrepancies and product quality issues to supervision including damaged product, wrong store number, poorly stacked, incorrect store number, equipment issues, etc.
- Ensure all quality and safety processes are followed: pallet integrity, ensure trailers are properly secured to dock-lock chock, mis-slotted or mis-rotated merchandise, etc.
- Move palletized product using pallet jack to safely maneuver stock from staging area into tractor trailer and/or put to store locations; Lift & carry cases of up to 100 lbs from pick slots and place them onto pallets; cases must be lifted from floor level, shoulder level & overhead
- Record and log applicable information on appropriate logs on the front dock.
- Clean and sweep out trailers prior to loading product.
- Have flexibility in scheduling & availability to work the times, shifts, days, and overtime as necessary to meet the Company¿s production needs
- Meet and maintain productivity standards.
- Accurately select product by matching slot numbers and product descriptions using a voice-activated warehouse management system
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility
Reports To: Shift Manager, Freedom Road
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0 to 6 months
- Flexibility in scheduling with ability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays
- Aware of surroundings in a high traffic warehouse environment
- Mandatory overtime
- Warehouse environment with exposure to hot and cold temperatures
- Periodically lift and carry up to 100 pounds from floor level, shoulder level a
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Computer Skills
- Continuous Learner
- Numeric Computation/Reporting
- Open to Feedback
- Presentation & Verbal Communic
- Vehicle Mounted Computer,Slip sheet, various warehouse computerized systems
- Vocollect headset device
- Claw Clamp Machine
- Counter Balance
- Counter Balance with Slip Sheet Attachment
- Cushman Carts
- Dock Plates
- Double Pallet Jack
- Electric Scrubber
- Electric Sweeper
- Handheld Scanner
- Intercom System
- Overhead Cranes
- Propane Sweeper
- Radio Frequency Unit
- Reach Fork
- Reaching Device
- RR Reach Forks
- Safety Cutters
- Scissor Lift
- Single Pallet Jack
- Sit Down Fork Truck
- Stand-up Fork Truck
- Stationery Welder
- Wrap Machine
- Battery Charger