Pharmacy Inventory Technician-1Req # 245659 Employment Status Full time Department PharmacyLocation 8991 - Pharmacy Central Fill Pittsburgh - RX SupportAddress 2500 Lovi RD Freedom, PA 15042 Date posted 04/16/2021
Are you interested in working for an organization dedicated to patient care, innovation, and improving people’s everyday lives and well-being? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced warehouse environment? Are you interested in working “behind the scenes” in a pharmacy organization? If so, you’re in the right place!
As a Pharmacy Inventory Technician, you’ll be a key part of our collaborative team. You’ll bring your skills and expertise to reviewing, monitoring and maintaining the Central Fill inventory and mentoring new employees upon their being hired.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Experience handling large volumes of stocks and consumables in a time bound process
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Monitor Central Fill medications for ordering compliance in order to ensure Central Fill is purchasing preferred inventory from wholesalers.
- Process and sign CSOS orders.
- Maintain production rates and meet quality expectations as determined by leadership.
- Train and mentor new team members upon hire.
- Perform duties of a central fill technician once training is completed and when assigned by Central Fill leadership.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment in order to ensure company and government requirements are met.
- Recognize, address and escalate system issues.
- Follow all company, state and federal policies, laws and regulations, including HIPAA.
- Assist with Central Fill and Specialty Physical Inventory.
- Generate daily pharmacy inventory orders.
- Ensure order acknowledgement of all daily pharmacy orders.
- Receive and check in daily drug orders.
- Break down drug order and assign product to proper stock location.
- Rotate inventory stock in order to ensure proper stock cycling.
- Process and file inventory paperwork and manifests.
- Check inventory shelves monthly to remove outdated product according to policy.
- Process and ship monthly expired products to contracted third party vendor.
- Identify drug shortages and work with procurement team to determine replacement products or to estimate the length of the shortage.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.