Patient Care AdvocateReq # 268878 Employment Status Full time Department PharmacyLocation 0232 - Pittsburgh Specialty - PharmacyAddress 2500 Lovi RD Freedom, PA 15042 Date posted 11/24/2021
As a Patient Care Advocate, you will consistently build relationships with patients and their providers by exceeding their needs. Patient Care Advocates will assess patient's insurance coverage, handle all appropriate prior authorization paperwork and then assist patients in receiving any and all applicable financial assistance. Patient Care Advocates will work with patients to ensure their understanding of the medication that has been prescribed for them and refer them to the correct source (i.e. pharmacist or provider) if further instruction is necessary.
- Experience Required: 6 months to 1 year
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent plus 18 months + of additional training
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, Less than 10%
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 10 pounds
- Enter patient demographics, prescription information, and insurance data for order processing.
- Verification of patient’s insurance information and assistance with prior authorizations.
- Contact insurance carriers on the patient's behalf.
- Assist patient with enrollment into copay assistance programs.
- Demonstrate adherence to all company, state, and federal policies, laws and regulations including HIPAA.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment.
- Have knowledge of all appropriate service and business metrics.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs.
- Contact physician office if necessary.
- Report errors, omissions, and incidents to pharmacist.
- Execute Medication Therapy Management for the company through competency in MTM platforms.
- Maintain productivity rates and meet quality expectations as determined by leadership.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.