Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or email@example.com. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Food Production $12 hr. $500 Sign on Bonus Fresh Food Mfg. Freedom, PAReq # 111711BR Department Name Production Employment Status Full-Time Location (department) Fresh Foods Manufacturing Co. Address 2500 Lovi RD, Freedom, PA 15042 Date posted 07/11/2019
Position SummaryFULL TIME POSITION. This position is involved in production of all products created in the soup production room. Directly responsible for the product production, quality and adherence to food safety policies and procedures. Rate of Pay $12.00 an hour. 4 Days a Week, Benefits, Incentives, Team Member Discounts.
Sign on Bonus Payout: $250.00 dollar Giant Eagle Gift Card at 90 days. $250.00 dollar Giant Eagle Gift Card at six (6) months.
- Inspect food ingredients and food preparation equipment through physical, mechanical and visual inspection to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Perform day to day activities including cooking, scaling, pumping, packaging and sanitation.
- Maintain accurate production records, HACCP and QA documentation to ensure that all meet the federal, state, county and Company requirements.
- Control quality and production costs through: strict adherence to recipes and production procedures, monitoring waste and loss, and improved work efficiencies.
- Coordinate and perform equipment and plant sanitation, as needed.
- Inspect and evaluate equipment requirements to ensure efficiency and safety.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by ensuring that all food safety, food holding, temperature, Giant Eagle and OSHA standards are met.
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\$0
Reports To: Supervisor, Production (FFM)
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years
- 2 - 3 years cooking/catering or large volume batch cooking experience required.
- Experience in batching and scaling recipes, Mechanical and technical aptitude, experience with culturally diverse teams.
- Wet room, Daily exposure to cold termperatures from 35 - 38 Farenheit.
- Aware of surroundings in a high traffic warehouse environment
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Hot Ovens
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Continuous Learner
- Numeric Computation/Reporting
- Open to Feedback
- Technical (specific to job)
- Fax Machine
- Kettles, Chillers, Can Openers, Mixers, Dicers, Cutting Machines
- Pumps, Pump Lines, Conveyors, Depositors.