Journeyman Meat Cutter + $1000 New Hire BonusReq # 254215 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 1842 - W. 7th St - SupermarketAddress 1305 West 7th Street Frederick, MD 21701 Date posted 07/20/2021
Our Meat Cutters ensure that our guests are receiving the best and most delicious products, presented according to their requirements. In addition to providing unparalleled guest service and supporting the Meat Lead, you'll make sure that our offerings and services promote guest loyalty, and growth and success for the store. As a member of our Meat Team, your primary responsibility will be to cut meat and other products for sale and ensure our customers are provided with the freshest product possible. You’ll create and sustain an exemplary customer service atmosphere to build lifelong relationship by focusing on understanding and exceeding customer needs.To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required:Satisfactory completion of job specific skills assessment; 6 to 12 months experience or successful completion of the Giant Eagle Apprenticeship program
- Experience Desired: Prior meat cutting experience
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Meat cutting certification
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Cut meat to be sold to customers by taking the product out of the cooler and cutting meat into smaller sizes to be packaged for sale.
- Service guests by answering questions and/or filling special orders.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure customers safety.
- Wrap and maintain meat case.
- Provide products and services that meet the requirements of internal and external customers at all times, and abide by the Company's Guiding Principles, Common Purposes, and Service Credo's.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Utilize knowledge of code dating.
- Cultivate a foodie culture by sharing excitement and passion for food with Team Members and guests.
- Smile and greet customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the Team Member's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Make ground meat by putting course ground into the grinder then traying meat.
- Inspire your fellow Team Members and our guests with a passion for food and a willingness to go the Extra Mile to provide the best product.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Unload deliveries by checking in truck.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor, etc. to ensure that safety and sanitation regulations are met.
- Accurately record and assist in preparation of special orders to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Assist in maintaining meat cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.