Assistant Prepared Foods Team LeaderReq # 255409 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 1842 - W. 7th St - SupermarketAddress 1305 West 7th Street Frederick, MD 21701 Date posted 08/02/2021
To provide leadership to Team Members in all aspects of the department through coaching and mentoring. To stimulate the growth of the business by implementing merchandising initiatives and building lifelong relationships with our customers.
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: Food Safety experience
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Food Safety
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Maintain food quality standards without variation; maintain high standards of food safety and sanitation;
and maintain all equipment in good working order.
- Supervise prepared food team members to achieve maximum production and efficiency when Prep Foods Team Leader/Manager is not there.
- Assist Prepared Foods Team Leader/Manager in controlling operating expenses and achieve budgeted
food and labor cost; understand P&L/LOB reports.
- Manage the department team members by writing schedules and work assignments and enforcing all
- Increase profits by supporting in store ads, sampling, and special events. Being aware of competitors in
- Organize and maintain all food storage areas in accordance with health and safety requirements. Including labeling/code dating, cross contamination, and temperature.
- Maintain accurate department records to ensure documentation is available for review during various
- Analyze the Customer Satisfaction Survey and Mystery Shopper reports to identify areas in which
improvement is needed. Work together with Prepared Foods Team Leader/Manager to coach team
- Ensure that proper procedures are being followed to meet the out-of-stock percentage goal.
- Promote the continuous development of team members and identify candidates for Management
- Prepare food for customers by cooking, frying, and grilling. Process includes prep work such as chopping, dicing, and slicing.
- Reading recipes and following instructions.
- Set up Gourmet food cases, maintain display throughout the day.
- Package, weigh, and display food for Grab and Go case. Check dates on products routinely.
- Suggestive selling with knowledge of products in department. Sampling products for customers.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.