Assistant Meat Team LeaderReq # 260939 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 1841 - W. Patrick St - SupermarketAddress 1275 West Patrick Street Frederick, MD 21701 Date posted 09/15/2021
An Assistant Meat Team Leader's first responsibility is to assist the Meat Manager in providing leadership in the Meat Department by directing and managing Team Members, ordering raw materials and supplies, and implementing merchandising initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business while meeting customer requirements and maximizing profits.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Experience Desired: Prior management experience in Meat operations/ or related field; Customer Service Experience; Knowledge of Market District meat operational procedures; Ability to read and interpret Profit and Loss statement
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Meat cutting certification
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Assist Meat Manager in running of Meat Department by writing orders, assigning job assignments, and
maintaining conditions in department.
- Provide customers with variety of cuts of meat and filling sales cases by assisting in cutting of meat.
- Maintain levels of product in sales cases by inspecting product levels and preparing products for case.
- Ensure that proper procedures are being followed so that store meets out-of-stock percentage goal.
- Promote the continuous development of Team Member and identify candidates for Management
- Ability to understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Unloading and checking in orders.
- Stocking frozen foods and lunch meats to sales case and unloading deliveries in cooler and freezer.
- Maintain cold-chain process.
- It is essential to model, understand and promote safety processes and requirements according to the Health Department, HACCP, OSHA, along with our Company's policies and procedures. With these safe work practices and properly maintained equipment, we will protect Ourselves, our Team Members, Our Customers and our Banner.
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food knowledge with fellow team members and
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of
difference for our Company. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer,
is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to
deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for
Team Members, Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor (to ensure safety), and sanitation regulations are
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.