Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Experienced Baker (Full Time) Montrose Giant EagleReq # 120709BR Employment Status Full-Time Location (department) Store #5861 - Montrose Address 3750 W Market Street, Fairlawn, OH 44333 Date posted 12/02/2019
Position Summary"Together, we improve people's everyday lives and well-being." As a Giant Eagle Team Member, you'll be part of a team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs. As a member of the Bakery team, your primary responsibility will be preparing and baking the products to ensure only the freshest are available.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for. Bakery team members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Bake prepared and scratch product for the Bakery cases and displays, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Accurately record special orders on bakery products to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room, coolers and freezers.
- Assist in maintaining bakery backroom, cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Assist in other areas as required.
Reports To: Lead, Bakery Sales Counter
Education and Training Required
- No High School diploma required
- 0 to 6 months
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Hot Ovens
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Cardboard Baler
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Safety Cutter
- Shrink Wrapper
- Dough Divider
About UsGiant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We're creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.