Beer & Wine LeadReq # 247749 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 0084 - Dubois - SupermarketAddress 100 N Main Street DuBois, PA 15801 Date posted 05/09/2021
Beer and Wine Leads are key players in ensuring our guests are raising their glasses to our fantastic offerings. In addition to providing unparalleled customer service and supporting the BWL Team Leader in developing an amazing team, you'll be the one we look to stay on top of department records, processes, standards and methods.To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: Experience in retail sales, preferably in the alcohol industry; Cicerone
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Assist in the development of unique customer tasting programs.
- Execute an in-store sampling of beer and wine.
- Take an active role in maintaining/building product assortment by reviewing movement reports, eliminating slow movers and selecting new products.
- Provide guests with knowledgeable recommendations and food pairing suggestions with beer and wine.
- Review/place orders with vendors.
- Monitor receiving and oversee stocking of product based on store delivery schedule.
- Ensure the department meets out-of-stock percentage goals, as well as shrink and inventory-level goals.
- Block department every shift when you arrive and before leaving.
- Build displays and stock shelves with product.
- Prepare seasonal and major promotional operations with the store leader.
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of promotional operations, item movement and ideas for improvement.
- Ensure proper signage is in place and make signs/tags when needed.
- Monitor and ensure store compliance with company and state laws, policies and procedures.
- Identify potential under-age or intoxicated individuals and deny the sale of alcohol to these individuals.
- Attend in-store team meetings and/or regional meetings.
- Maintain safety as the top priority for our Team Members, guests and products.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, guests, vendors and the community.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Overnight Fuel Station Team Member + $500 Sign On Bonus Painesville, Ohio 06/24/2021
- Curbside Express Lead Westlake, Ohio 03/18/2021
- Night Stock Team Member Morgantown, West Virginia 06/24/2021
- Front End Team Leader - Akron/Canton regions Stow, Ohio 06/24/2021
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.