Pharmacy Technician TraineeReq # 225844 Employment Status Part time Department Pharmacy Location 5878 - Howe Ave - Supermarket Address 230 Howe Avenue Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221 Date posted 09/16/2020
As a Pharmacy Technician or Trainee, you’ll be a key part of our collaborative Pharmacy Team. You’re responsible for greeting patients and ensuring their pharmacy experience is pleasant from start to finish. With a focus on data entry, safety and patient care, this entry-level role will help you develop the professional skills needed for a lasting pharmacy career with Giant Eagle.
No experience? With the right background we provide our Pharmacy Technicians and Trainees all the resources and training they need to start a rewarding career in retail pharmacy.
What makes a successful Pharmacy Technician?
- Team player
- Technologically savvy
May be eligible for Medical benefits based on hours worked and location.
May be eligible for Dental benefits based on hours worked and location.
May be eligible for Vision benefits based on hours worked and location
May be eligible for Prescription benefits based on hours worked and location.
Must be at least 21 years of age to participate.
Paid Time Off
Techs will earn paid time off based on length of service and hours worked.
10% off own brand products.
Our technicians complete a Board of Pharmacy approved on-the-job training program, have access to ongoing learning resources and complimentary ACPE approved continuing pharmacy education.
It's not just a pharmacy career. It's building relationships and bringing great care.
Trainee DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Technician DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Technician DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Corporate or Retail
Support (Regional Trainer, Help Chain
Coordinator and more) DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
As a Pharmacy Technician Trainee, you’ll be a key part of our collaborative team. You’ll bring your skills and expertise to building a service conscious Pharmacy team that consistently looks to develop great relationships with patients. You’ll help us exceed expectations, meet needs and provide safe, accurate and efficient care in order to reach the best patient, Team Member and company outcomes.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Preferred: Pharmacy Certification
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Welcome patients and immediately acknowledge them with compassion and a smile at all pharmacy entry points.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs, including processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to products and merchandise and referring appropriate questions concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the pharmacist.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment in order to ensure that company and government requirements are met.
- Assist team members with tasks to ensure department runs efficiently.
- Use the pharmacy computer to complete all actions necessary in order to maximize efficiency and provide optimal patient care at drop-off, will call, drive thru, phone, filling and order receiving, including but not limited to: searching for patients and profiles, determining dates of fill and pick-up, determining prescriptions sent to Central Fill, quoting cash prices of prescriptions, checking on-hand counts of medications and entering invoices.
- Assist team on actions plans in order to improve outcomes using knowledge of all appropriate service and business metrics.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs.
- Complete required training program and accompanying exams.
- Follow all company, state and federal policies, laws and regulations, including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrine sales.
- Finalize sales using cash register according to established procedures, including the point of sale policies.
- Transcribe data from prescriptions accurately in order to generate a custom label for the customer.
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels by ordering, receiving, stocking and rotating drugs and other supplies per company policy and procedure.
- Answer telephone in a polite and timely manner, ensure accurate information is exchanged and the customer is satisfied.
- Resolve customer questions and concerns by communicating effectively with the customer and the management team and support staff in an efficient manner.
- File written prescriptions daily.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.