Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Cashier (Part-Time)- Sawmill/Bethel Giant EagleReq # 113680BR Employment Status Part-Time Location (department) Store #6504 - Arlington Address 4747 Sawmill Road, Columbus, OH 43220 Date posted 08/13/2019
Position Summary"Together, we improve people's everyday lives and well-being." As a Giant Eagle Team Member, you will be part of a team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs. As a member of the Front End team, your primary responsibility is interacting directly with our customers and accurately processing their orders through our register system. As a member of our team, you will also be fully trained and able to assist customers in other areas in the store.
- Provide exemplary customer service by ensuring customers orders are processed through our registers accurately and efficiently in the friendliest manner.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the team member's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including entrance areas and parking lot.
- Assist in other areas as required.
Reports To: Sr Team Leader, Front End
Education and Training Required
- No High School diploma required
- 0 to 6 months
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Carrying Up to 25 pounds
- Lifting Up to 25 pounds
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Safety Cutter
About UsGiant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We're creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.