Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or email@example.com. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Night Crew Team Leader (FT) - Giant Eagle - ParmatownReq # 116924BR Employment Status Full-Time Location (department) Store #5817 - Parmatown Day Dr Address 7939 Day Drive, Cleveland, OH 44129 Date posted 10/09/2019
Position SummaryProvide leadership on the night crew by directing and developing Team Members, ordering products and supplies. Implementing merchandising initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business while creating and sustaining an exemplary customer service atmosphere and to build lifelong relationships buy focusing on understanding and exceeding customer needs.
- Schedule Team Members and delegate work assignments to the needs of the business and in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement (where applicable.)
- Provide leadership that promotes and exemplifies a passion for food.
- Effectively order and utilize supplies to maximize profitability.
- Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations to increase profitability.
- Write and transmit orders for grocery products by reviewing past and projected sales to ensure adequate inventories are available to meet customer requirements.
- Effectively utilize PCSAM and the help chain to identify Problems, determine root Causes, generate practical and innovative Solutions, take Action and Measure results in a timely manner.
- Direct the shelving of grocery orders to maintain stock levels, while also ensuring the proper rotation of that stock.
- Maintain accurate department¿s records to ensure documentation of activities is available.
- Develop and implement merchandising plans using guidelines and suggestions in order to meet the financial objectives of the department.
- Oversee receiving procedures to ensure accurate product is received, store sanitation requirements are met, and security is maintained.
- Direct and manage front end operations and cash flow processes at night in order to meet Team Member and customer needs.
- Develop and maintain communication process with other departments in order to share information and resolve any problems occurring during the night shift.
- Prepare and maintain records concerning inventories and work processes to calculate gross monthly profit according to Company policy.
- Direct and oversee the scrubbing and buffing of floors according to established procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports To: Store Leader
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Retail work experience or Store Leader recommendation
- Retail leadership or supervisory experience
- Successful performance as a Peer Trainer or other similar role
- Successful performance as an in-store champion (e.g., safety, service, wellness) or similar role
- Demonstrated product knowledge relevant to department
- Satisfactory performance and discipline record
- Normal office environment
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Cardboard Baler
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Plastic Baler
- Safety Cutter
Licenses/Certifications DesiredVaries by department
About UsGiant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We're creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.