Prep Cook + $500 New Hire BonusReq # 249556 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 6599 - Osteria by Fabio VivianiAddress 11505 Illinois Street Carmel, IN 46032 Date posted 07/06/2021
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to prepare amazing food, work in a fun environment inspired by an acclaimed celebrity chef, this is the job for you! Osteria by Fabio Viviani is looking for a back of house team that will create some of the best Italian food Indiana has to offer! We are looking for skilled line cooks and prep cooks. Osteria is located inside Market District, and if you haven’t been here before, you’re in for a treat! We have some of the best meats, cheeses and produce you’ll find in Indiana and the largest beer, wine and liquor department in the city! There is a $500 signing bonus and benefits are available for full time team members. Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List.
- Experience Required: A minimum of 1 year of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking. At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen personnel.
- Experience Desired: Food Safety Awareness; Food Safety Awareness; prior food prep experience helpful; Culinary Awards or accreditation; Culinary Degree
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Serv- safe certification a plus.
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems to Kitchen Manager.
- Inform Kitchen Manager immediately of product shortages.
- Uses our Standard Recipe Card for preparing all products. Do not rely on the memory of yourself or other employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Experienced Baker + 1,000 New Hire Bonus Mentor, Ohio 10/18/2021
- Floater Pharmacist - Pittsburgh North / West Region Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 10/18/2021
- Floral Lead Columbus, Ohio 10/18/2021
- Fuel Station Clerk Westerville, Ohio 10/18/2021
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.