Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or email@example.com. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Deli Clerk (PT) Brookville Giant Eagle Hiring at $9.35/HourReq # 116905BR Employment Status Part-Time Location (department) Store #0080 - Brookville Address 40 White Street, Brookville, PA 15825 Date posted 10/09/2019
Position SummaryAs a Store Clerk your responsibility is to provide efficient and accurate customer service in all departments to ensure customer requirements are met, building customer loyalty by providing exemplary customer service from "wall to wall" in each area of our store
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, floor (to ensure safety), and sanitation regulations are met.
- The primary responsibility is to maintain store to the needs of the Store and Team Leaders, while giving exemplary customer service to each customer by meeting their needs while completing their order, including selling and preparing product.
- Ringing up customers¿ orders by scanning product or punching price into register, finalize sale and collect payment by totaling order, deducting for coupons, and accepting tender from customer. Bagging orders by putting grocery orders into the appropriate bags and then into customers carts.
- Keep parking area and fuel area clean. Fuel equipment kept clean at all times and surrounding ground areas free of debris and fuel spills. Parking area kept clean by sweeping up debris or shoveling snow when necessary. Learn and understand all fuel requirements and laws / safety procedures and ensure all safety guidelines are being adhered to while handling fuel sales. Direct traffic flow if neccessary.
- Respond to all customer requests and questions and service them in a timely manner using exemplary customer service skills at all times.
- Stock, rotate, block and maintain product on shelves and have a knowledge of code dating.
- Proper unloading and storage of food items in prep areas and coolers. Unload product from truck and break down pallets. Ability to load flats with proper producte to be taken to the floor and hand stacked. (any and all departments)
- Maintain proper temperature checks on all "hot" foods in the prepared foods department. Set up and maintain prepared foods and display case with fresh items, and ability to set up and maintain salad bar.
- Receive and process all Direct Store Delivery vendor products according to company policies.
- Maintain a clean an organized and clutter free backroom/receiving area operation.
Ensure that Direct Store Delivery vendors are delivering product to the receiving area during the established delivery times and schedules and that the number of vendors in the backroom at one time doesn¿t exceed proper levels.
- Maintain a safe/secure environment in the receiving area by adhering to the company¿s prescribed safety methods.
- Record time worked according to Smart track policy and procedure.
- Slicing bread by placing loaves in slicer, packaging product, labeling package, and place on display.
- Taking customer orders for later purchase in person or over the phone by writing down the order indicating product desired and date to be picked up
- Finishing product as necessary in Fresh departments (slice/ write on cakes etc.)
- Document and record all known loss for Fresh departments
- Additional duties as assigned
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department.
Reports To: Team Leader, Deli - H
Education and Training Required
- No High School diploma required
- 0 to 6 months
- Positive attitude desired
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Extreme Outdoor temperatures
- Hot Ovens
- Inclement weather (hot/cold, snowy, rainy)
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Conflict Resolution
- Continuous Learner
- Open to Feedback
- Presentation & Verbal Communic
- Adding Machine
- Fountain Machines
- Floor Blower
- Fuel Pumps
- Ice Coffee Machine
- Ice Machine
- Bag in box machine
- Merry Chef (Oven)
- Motorola Hand Held Gun (Receiving)
- Panini Grill
- Power Washer
- Shrink Wrap Machine
- Smoothie Machine
- Stand-up Lotto Machine
- Texlon Ordering Machine
- Watchguard Detergent Dispenser
- Coffee Brewer
- Coffee Grinder
- Conventional Oven
- Creamer Machine
- Cappuccino Machine
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Coffee Brewer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coin Safe
- Crisping Sink
- Deposit Safe
- Drive Thru
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Ice Machine
- Kiosk Terminal
- Manual Wrapper
- Ordering Machine
- Plastic Baler
- Power jacks
- Pressure Washer
- Price Gun
- Receiving Gun
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Shrink Wrapper
- Stanley Doors
- Steam Machine
- Trash compactor
- Veeter Root
About UsGiant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We're creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.