Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Deli Clerk (Part Time) Broadview Heights Giant EagleReq # 113641BR Employment Status Part-Time Location (department) Store #4088 - Broadview Height Address 4343 Royalton Road, Broadview Heights, OH 44147 Date posted 08/13/2019
Position Summary"Together, we improve people's everyday lives and well-being." As a Giant Eagle Team Member, you will be part of a team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs. As a member of the Deli team, your primary responsibility will be servicing the customers by filling their orders and ensuring they have the freshest products available. As a member of our team, you will also be fully trained and able to assist customers in other areas in the store including, but not limited to, the Prepared Foods and Meat Departments.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring their orders are filled to meet their expectations. Deli team members are also expected to make suggestions to our customers to enhance their shopping experience.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the team member's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Replenish product in the deli cases, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed.
- Accurately record and assist in preparation of deli special orders to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room.
- Assist in maintaining deli cooler efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure customers safety.
- Assist in other areas as required.
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department. Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\$1 - \\$100k
Reports To: Team Leader, Deli - H
Education and Training Required
- No High School diploma required
- 0 to 6 months
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Bizzerba slicer
- Cardboard Baler
- Pressure Hose
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Shrink Wrapper
About UsGiant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We're creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.