Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Lead, POS (Full Time) South Fayette Giant EagleReq # 111913BR Department Name Grocery Employment Status Full-Time Location (department) Store #0024- South Fayette Address 3239 Washington Pike, Bridgeville, PA 15017 Date posted 07/11/2019
Position SummaryOur POS Lead is a key player in our store's success by making sure our registers are in the best shape to serve our guests quickly. In addition to providing unparalleled guest service and supporting the Asst. Guest Service Team Leader in developing an amazing team, you'll be the one we look to guide the team with technical support and troubleshooting. This role is for a mover and a shaker in the foodie world! Who You Are: You are a team player at heart. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership, and have the ability to inspire those around you. You are creative with cuisine, and love to help others foster their own creativity. An interest in food doesn't quite scratch the surface for you; you're passionate about the business, the trends, and what makes customers tick. You have culinary vision beyond a simple ¿What's for dinner?¿ and every opportunity to connect with people is an opportunity for you exchange ideas and learn tricks of the trade. Our store leads are the cream of the crop and must ensure that each guest discovers the pleasure of tasting incredible food and our passion for providing it at every turn.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Enable unparalleled guest service by leading the team by example, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Cultivate a foodie culture by sharing excitement and passion for food with Team Members and guests.
- Perform all functions of a Team Leader in his/her absence, when necessary and where appropriate. Desire to become a Team Leader required.
- Direct Team Members by using work lists as well as understanding and performing all duties required of a clerk. This includes directing, overseeing and evaluating all training of new and current Team Members.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and be scheduled according to needs of business including but not limited to necessary required amount of nights, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge, interest and passion for products and services associated with the role.
- Be able to write department orders, monitor ordering, and supervise stocking and receiving with latest tools and technology/autonomated ordering systems. Track and reduce out of stocks and participate in taking of physical inventories. Utilize all available tools to help reduce and eliminate shrink.
- Take an active role in building the store's product assortment, throughout the year and at resets by cultivating strong working relationships with customers/vendors/suppliers.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure the safety of customers and Team Members while exceeding health and OSHA requirements.
- Provide coaching and feedback to Team Members not meeting standards and submit safety Team Member coaching event
- Comply and perform self-assessments to maintain necessary standards and pass all steritech, internal and external audits. Complete incident prevention checklists as required.
- Provide guest service that exceeds expectations for both internal and external guests. Understand all Guest Service Initiatives and Measurement tools (i.e. Voice of Guest, Mystery Shoppers). Respond to guest calls regarding product inquiries, special orders and product requests. Address customer care calls when appropriate. Provide coaching and feedback to Team Members not meeting guest service standards.
- Follow work designs and methods, and update as needed following 6s requirements.
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning inventories and work processes to calculate monthly gross profits according to company policy.
- Follow company sampling requirements/suggestive selling and comply with Day of the Week Merchandising initiatives.
- Follow merchandise letters and PDPs as well as execute all sign package responsibilities and daily/weekly price changes.
- Be able to use and navigate all required company applications resources including, but not limited to GE Central, the RTM system and e-mail
- Attend and conduct daily team huddles as directed by Team Leader
- Understand and adhere to all relevant local, state and federal laws/guidelines as well as company policies. Responsible for reporting any incidents in violation of these guidelines or policies.
- Responsible for budget development, expense control and/or revenue generation for a department.
Reports To: Team Leader, Grocery - S
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months to 1 year
- Desire to become a Non-union Team Leader required.
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Communicate w/Courage & Impact
- Adding Machine
- Motorola Hand Held Gun (Receiving)
- Power Washer
- Shrink Wrap Machine
- Texlon Ordering Machine
- Watchguard Detergent Dispenser
- Fax Machine
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Heat Seal Gun
- Label Gun
- Manual Wrapper
- Ordering Machine
- Plastic Baler
- Power jacks
- Pressure Washer
- Price Gun
- Receiving Gun
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Shrink Wrapper
- Stanley Doors
- Steam Machine
- Trash compactor
About UsGiant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We're creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.