Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Cashier (Part Time) South Hills Market DistrictReq # 113665BR Employment Status Part-Time Location (department) Store #0014 - South Hills MD Address 7000 Oxford Drive, Bethel Park, PA 15102 Date posted 08/13/2019
Position SummaryOur Cashier is a key player in making sure each guest leaves our store with a smile and a memory of unparalleled service. You'll be part of an amazing team who will make sure our we are building customer loyalty. This role is for a mover and a shaker in the foodie world! Who You Are: You are a team player at heart. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership, and have the ability to inspire those around you. You are creative with cuisine, and love to help others foster their own creativity. An interest in food doesn't quite scratch the surface for you; you're passionate about the business, the trends, and what makes customers tick. You have culinary vision beyond a simple "What's for dinner?"and every opportunity to connect with people is an opportunity for you exchange ideas and learn tricks of the trade. Our store leads are the cream of the crop and must ensure that each guest discovers the pleasure of tasting incredible food and our passion for providing it at every turn.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide unparalleled guest service, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Cultivate a foodie culture by sharing excitement and passion for food with Team Members and guests.
- Inspire your fellow Team Members and our guests with a passion for food and a willingness to go the Extra Mile to provide the best product.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, floor (to ensure safety), and sanitation regulations are met.
- Ring up guest's orders by scanning product or entering price into register.
- Finalize sale and collect payment by totaling order, deducting for coupons, and accepting tender from guest.
- Provide unparalleled guest service by being pleasant, greeting guest, and thanking them for their business.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Bag orders by putting grocery orders into the appropriate bags and then into guests' carts.
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department.
Reports To: Sr Team Leader, Front End
Education and Training Required
- No High School diploma required
- 0 to 6 months
- Prior experience working in Grocery or related industry
- Extreme Outdoor temperatures
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Adding Machine
- Power Washer
- Fax Machine
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Plastic Baler
- Portal POS
- Scale Labeler
- Trash compactor
About UsWho We Are:
Finding a career in a new world of food is closer than you think. Market District is a food destination that is a big part of the Giant Eagle family of stores. At Market District, we celebrate a passion for amazing food and food expertise by combining the best of everyday grocery shopping with foods, ingredients and services rarely found in traditional supermarkets. In 13 locations in southwestern Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana, the Market District stores feature teams of chefs and other culinary professionals preparing fresh foods from scratch every day. All of our Team Members, Chefs and other culinary professionals are expertly trained to provide unsurpassed quality and service. And we love FOOD!
Our Market District family has a special heart for Team Members who understand the difference between making a meal and making an adventure. That's a quality we want to help grow, so we take care to match the best candidates to their perfect roles. That simply makes good sense, and we think our Team Members appreciate knowing that we're setting them up for success the moment they walk through our doors. We know you'll deliver exceptional experiences for our guests when we deliver unparalleled experiences for you.