Supervisor, TransportationReq # 264953 Employment Status Full time Department Warehouse & Distribution Location Richmond Road Administration - Corporate Office Address 5300 Richmond Road Bedford Heights, OH 44146 Date posted 10/20/2021
In this fast-paced, energetic environment, our warehouse Team Members are always working behind the scenes to keep our shelves full of the great products our customers want and expect. We’re looking for Team Members who understand the importance of safety and working together as a team.
Giant Eagle’s Transportation & Warehouse Department consists of five perishable and non-perishable distribution centers in Cleveland, OH, and Pittsburgh, PA — American Seaway Foods, Butler Refrigerated Meats, Fresh Foods Manufacturing, HBC Service Co., and OK Grocery Co. — all of which help us serve more than 5 million customers annually at over 400 retail locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
What makes a successful Warehouse Team Member?
- Team player
May be eligible for Medical benefits based on hours worked and location.
May be eligible for Dental benefits based on hours worked and location.
Health and Wellness Programs
Life Resources and online Wellness Programs for Team Members and their families.
Must be at least 21 years of age to participate.
Paid Time Off
May be eligible for Paid Time Off based on hours worked and location.
Team Member Incentive
Incentives based on attendance and performance. May be eligible based on position and location.
10% off own brand products.
Rate of pay varies based on position and location.
Warehouse Selector & U.S. Navy Veteran
Giant Eagle has supported me financially. I was able to buy my own house, instead of renting and that feels wonderful!
As a Transportation Supervisor, you will have overall responsibility for ensuring on time delivery of products from the distribution center to the customer, in accordance with the Company and the customer's requirements.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Experience Desired: 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a unionized environment; Ability to read and interpret union contracts
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Education Desired: Bachelors Degree
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, Less than 10%
- Review production requirements and determine optimal staffing needs to ensure workload is achieved and customer and Company requirements are consistently met.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor work activities of Team Members and department by maximizing the use of routing and labor management software.
- Supervise, monitor and coach job performance and activities of transportation Team Members to reinforce good work habits, identify training needs, and to promote safe, efficient work processes.
- Maximize the use of software to ensure the most strategic and economic routing is used in transporting commodities.
- Maintain excellent professional internal communication with all Team Members, Management, Distribution Centers, and Global Transportation Teams to ensure proper follow through for customer requests, special arrangements, changes in delivery, and prompt resolution to problems.
- Maintain excellent professional external communication with all Customers and suppliers ensure proper follow through for customer requests, special arrangements, changes in delivery, and prompt resolution to problems.
- Provide appropriate action and accurate information as needed to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Identify opportunities with delivery frequency and times to improve efficiency of the network and reduce costs.
- Ensure fleet is in good working order and repairs are made in a timely fashion.
- Monitor and inspect work areas and equipment for obstacles to safety, sanitation, or inefficiency of operations.
- Initiate corrective action to sustain a clean, safe, productive work environment and to ensure compliance to prescribed standards.
- Promote safety first in all areas of the operation.
- Understand, communicate, administer and enforce compliance to DOT rules and regulations, Company policies, labor agreements, and any state and/or federal laws and regulations.
- Complete and distribute various measurements to maintain efficient department operations.
- Manage the routing and dispatching of daily deliveries to ensure that customer and Company requirements are continually achieved.
- Review paperwork to ensure all documents, trip sheets, and reports from drivers are accurate and fulfill Company and DOT standards.
- Utilize problem solving and conflict resolutions skills and escalate situations to Manager and/or Human Resources when appropriate.
- Pursue and foster positive and professional working relationships with new and existing Team Members and Union Representatives to promote Team Member satisfaction.
- Special projects as assigned.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Warehouse, Transportation & Manufacturing Opportunities
Our Warehouse, Transportation and Manufacturing Team Members serve more than 5 million customers every year, working to keep our supermarkets, GetGo’s, and pharmacies stocked with the great products our guests expect. From our Warehouse Selectors to our CDL Drivers, and our Mechanics to our Distribution Supervisors, no matter your role, you will be surrounded by a dedicated team and supported by a company that helps turn jobs into careers.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.