Diesel MechanicReq # 243414 Rate of Pay $24.30 Employment Status Full time Department Warehouse & Distribution Location American Seaway Foods Transportation - Retail Support Center Address 5300 Richmond Road Bedford Heights, OH 44146 Date posted 03/19/2021
In this fast-paced, energetic environment, our warehouse Team Members are always working behind the scenes to keep our shelves full of the great products our customers want and expect. We’re looking for Team Members who understand the importance of safety and working together as a team.
Giant Eagle’s Transportation & Warehouse Department consists of five perishable and non-perishable distribution centers in Cleveland, OH, and Pittsburgh, PA — American Seaway Foods, Butler Refrigerated Meats, Fresh Foods Manufacturing, HBC Service Co., and OK Grocery Co. — all of which help us serve more than 5 million customers annually at over 400 retail locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
What makes a successful Warehouse Team Member?
- Team player
May be eligible for Medical benefits based on hours worked and location.
May be eligible for Dental benefits based on hours worked and location.
Health and Wellness Programs
Life Resources and online Wellness Programs for Team Members and their families.
Must be at least 21 years of age to participate.
Paid Time Off
May be eligible for Paid Time Off based on hours worked and location.
Team Member Incentive
Incentives based on attendance and performance. May be eligible based on position and location.
10% off own brand products.
Rate of pay varies based on position and location.
Warehouse Selector & U.S. Navy Veteran
Giant Eagle has supported me financially. I was able to buy my own house, instead of renting and that feels wonderful!
As the Fleet Maintenance Mechanic, you’ll be responsible for maintaining and repairing the commercial fleet, including diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) tractor trailer trucks, gasoline service trucks, reefers and vans used by all of our distribution centers. Your skills will ensure maintenance work is done safely, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Experience Desired: Thermo King a plus; Refrigerant R-404A Certification a plus; Compressed Natural Gas of Equipment a plus; Preventative Maintenance/Repair work on Tractors required; Must have own hand and power tools; Two to five years experience on class 8 vehicles
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Brake Certifications; PA Class 3, 4 or 7 Inspection; Tractor/Trailer Inspections; Valid Driver's License
- Certification or Licensing Desired: Valid Class A CDL
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 100 pounds
- Respond to road calls by utilizing fleet repair trucks or tow service.
- Install, replace and/or repair refrigerants, ventilation systems, brakes, engines, clutches, transmissions, starters, alternators, batteries, etc. as needed.
- Operate equipment in accordance with all safety parameters.
- Create and enter data for work orders and check sheets on work being performed to include posting of parts corresponding with fleet maintenance software.
- Keep work area safe and clean.
- Check equipment repair history and perform data input for system upgrades.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all commercial fleet vehicles and service trucks to Department of Transportation specifications.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all tractors to include changing the oil, checking the filters, grease all fittings, checking all hoses, visually inspect the engine and tighten all bolts.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all trailers, including lubing trailer joints, checking the doors, checking the exterior and repairing the rivets and sides as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on diesel, CNG and commercial l tractor trailer trucks, gasoline service trucks and vans.
- Review job orders and diagnose equipment to determine malfunctions and plan work procedures.
- Use hand, power and pneumatic tools and testing instruments to repair and maintain equipment and vehicles
- Examine protective guards and bolts and inspect safety devices on trucks and trailers in order to make adjustments as needed.
- Test drive repaired tractor trailer trucks or service equipment in order to verify compliance with Department of Transportation specifications.
- Perform Department of Transportation inspections on tractors and trailers.
- Perform state inspections on tractors and trailers.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Warehouse, Transportation & Manufacturing Opportunities
Our Warehouse, Transportation and Manufacturing Team Members serve more than 5 million customers every year, working to keep our supermarkets, GetGo’s, and pharmacies stocked with the great products our guests expect. From our Warehouse Selectors to our CDL Drivers, and our Mechanics to our Distribution Supervisors, no matter your role, you will be surrounded by a dedicated team and supported by a company that helps turn jobs into careers.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.