Beer Wine Liquor LeadReq # 254284 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 1284 - Avon Lake - SupermarketAddress 31990 Walker Road Avon Lake, OH 44012 Date posted 07/21/2021
Beer, Wine and Liquor Leads are key players in ensuring our guests are raising their glasses to our fantastic offerings. In addition to providing unparalleled customer service and supporting the BWL Team Leader, they stay on top of department records, processes, standards and methods. To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 6 months to 1 year
- Experience Desired: Prior experience in grocery/dairy or related field; Desire to become a Team Leader.
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Write department orders and monitor ordering.
- Supervise stocking and receiving.
- Take an active role in building the store’s product assortment by cultivating strong working relationships with guests and vendors.
- Help reduce and eliminate shrink.
- Follow merchandise letters and PDPs.
- Execute all sign package responsibilities and daily/weekly price changes.
- Enable unparalleled guest service by leading the team by example, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Respond to guest calls regarding product inquiries, special orders and product requests.
- Direct Team Members in performing all duties.
- Oversee and evaluate all training of new and current Team Members.
- Provide coaching and feedback to Team Members.
- Attend and conduct daily team huddles.
- Prepare, maintain and track records for inventories and work processes.
- Pass all internal and external audits.
- Monitor and ensure store compliance with company and state laws, policies and procedures.
- Identify potential under-age or intoxicated individuals and deny the sale of alcohol to these individuals.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule that could include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Maintain safety as the top priority for our Team Members, guests and products.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, guests, vendors and the community.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Deli /Prepared Foods Team Leader McKeesport, Pennsylvania 07/24/2021
- Team Supervisor Hermitage, Pennsylvania 07/24/2021
- Apprentice Meat Cutter + $500 New Hire Bonus Erie, Pennsylvania 07/24/2021
- Pharmacy Warehouse Selector Full Time $1,000 New Hire Bonus Freedom, Pennsylvania 07/06/2021
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.