Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Associate Store LeaderReq # 203252 Employment Status Full time Department Fuel & ConvenienceLocation 7523 - Downtown - Getgo/Rickers Standalone Address 114 West 8th Street Anderson, IN 46012 Date posted 02/14/2020
Job SummaryThe Associate Store Leader is responsible for the day to day store operation, as well as the people who work there in the manager is not present or during any periods of absence. Duties include hiring, coaching/discipline, training, scheduling, product orders, tracking damaged/waste products, all store inventories, daily banking, daily, weekly, and monthly paperwork. The manager is on call and must have a working telephone.
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: Supervisory Experience, Customer Service/Retail Experience
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Preferred: Food Safety
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Assume all manager responsibilities when the manager is not present or during any periods of absence such as days off, sick leave, vacation, etc.
- Accurately complete daily reports and review daily close reports.
- Responsible for accuracy and integrity of inventory
- Responsible for daily bank deposits, picking up change orders, loading safe, ATM, etc.
- Determine and place weekly product order based on established company guidelines. Responsible for scanning in orders/vendors.
- All back office duties
- Hire, train, coach and discipline of all store personnel
- Plan and prepare store personnel work schedules
- Responsible for (direct) supervision of all shifts, using shift duty sheets to verify completion of duties Responsible for covering shifts when employees call in or don't show up
- Perform team member responsibilities including and not limited to cashiering
- Ensure compliance of store personnel with policies and procedures, including established security, sales, and record keeping procedures and practices
- Assist customers and respond to customer's complaints or inquiries
- Responsible for merchandising the store according to company guidelines
- Execution of promotions and marketing
- Manage labor according to company guidelines
- Responsible for multiple a day fuel pricing surveys to ensure competitive pricing of fuel