Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or email@example.com. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Floater Pharmacy Technician Youngstown Area LocationsReq # 117333BR Employment Status Full time Department PharmacyLocation Floater Pharmacists/Techs - Akron (P299) Address 484 East Waterloo Road Akron, OH 44319 Date posted 10/15/2019
Job SummaryThe purpose of this position is to join and contribute to a service conscious Pharmacy team who will consistently build relationships with patients by exceeding their needs and providing safe, accurate and efficient care to achieve optimal patient, Team Member and Company outcomes. This position is required to travel among a geographically close area of stores to provide support.
- Experience Required: 6 months to 1 year; Successful completion of Giant Eagle employer based Pharmacy Technician Training Program and accompanying examinations, as established, maintained, and administered by the Company; Successful completion of the Pharmacy Technician High-Level Proficiency Test, as established, maintained, and administered by the Company.
- Experience Desired: National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Registration as a Pharmacy Technician, as required by the state
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, More than 50%
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Immediately acknowledge and welcome patients with compassion and a smile at all pharmacy entry points.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs including processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to products and merchandise and referring appropriate questions concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the pharmacist.
- Adhere to all company, state and federal policies, laws and regulations including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrine sales.
- Accurately and efficiently handle prescription data including: Retrieving prescriptions orders, Counting, pouring, measuring and weighing tablets and medications. Mixing medications, Selecting the proper prescription container, Creating prescription labels
- Use the Pharmacy computer to complete all actions necessary to maximize efficiency and provide optimal patient care at drop-off, will call, drive thru, filling and order receiving, including but not limited to: Search for patients and profiles, Determine dates of fill and pick-up. Determine prescriptions sent to Central Fill, Quote cash prices of prescriptions, Check on-hand counts of medications, Enter invoices
- Finalize sales using cash register according to established procedures including the Point of Sale policies.
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels by ordering, receiving, stocking and rotating drugs and other supplies per company policy and procedures.
- Answer telephone in a polite and timely manner and ensure accurate information is exchanged and customer is satisfied.
- Resolve customer questions and concerns by communicating effectively with the customer and the management team/support staff in an efficient manner.
- Have knowledge of all appropriate service and business metrics and assist team on action plans to improve outcomes.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment to ensure Company and government requirements are met.
- File written prescriptions daily.
- Travel to all locations within geographically assigned area to assist in efficient store operations.
- Assist in the execution of all Company initiatives and programs.
- Assist team members with tasks to ensure department runs efficiently.