Sr Software Engineer
Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 36 on Forbes magazine’s largest private corporations list, is one of the nation’s largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.5 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with more than 420 stores throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
Giant Eagle was previously named America’s Second Harvest Regional Retailer of the Year for its support of local food banks, and also actively supports numerous community events, the United Way, Children’s Hospital, Race For The Cure and other non-profit organizations. The company also has created education initiatives such as Apples For The Students, which has provided millions of dollars in computer equipment, software and other classroom learning tools for local schools and the Be A Smart Shopper school nutrition program. Further information can be found at GiantEagle.com.
This position works with the Giant Eagle mobile development team with estimating, architecting and developing new features, fixing bugs, and maintaining best practices within the applications. The role requires mobile application development experience and solid personal and technical collaboration skills.
Education and Training Required
- Design and write efficient, complicated modules or complex programs to meet customer requirements
- Interact with analysts, uses, and business stakeholders to gather, understand, and develop technical requirements
- Recommend ad implement process improvements to increase efficiency
- Interact with internal team and stakeholders to achieve project goals
- Perform formal code reviews and quality assurance activities for to ensure conformance to established standards
- Maintain close liaison with data providers and recipients, other team members, and other members of the department.
- Develop consumer facing mobile applications for Giant Eagle and its brands
- Coordinate system implementation by planning and monitoring system testing
- Maintain cognizance of industry trends and new products to evaluate opportunities for achieving maximum effective usage of Company¿s investment in information technology.
- Prevent unauthorized access to information, assets, or restricted areas and report any attempts
- Bachelors Degree Bachelor¿s degree and 5+ years relevant work experience; OR 2-year Computer Science or equivalent certification 7+ years relevant work experience
- 5 to 10 years
- 5+ years working as a software developer
- 3+ years working as a software developer in a mobile capacity
- Consuming RESTful API services from mobile platforms
- Well versed with source control software, preferably git with git flow best practices. Android and IOS development experience using Xamarin and C# following MVVM patterns and targeting Xamarin Native applications.
- Asynchronous programming and best practices. Familiar with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Familiar with Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Knowledge of C# programming best practices
- Understanding of Agile software development methodology
- Reactive Application Implementation
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Computer Skills
- Continuous Learner
- Project Management
- Normal office environment
- Fax Machine
101 Kappa Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Manager, Sr. Application (IS)