Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 36 on Forbes magazine’s largest private corporations list, is one of the nation’s largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.5 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with more than 420 stores throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
Giant Eagle was previously named America’s Second Harvest Regional Retailer of the Year for its support of local food banks, and also actively supports numerous community events, the United Way, Children’s Hospital, Race For The Cure and other non-profit organizations. The company also has created education initiatives such as Apples For The Students, which has provided millions of dollars in computer equipment, software and other classroom learning tools for local schools and the Be A Smart Shopper school nutrition program. Further information can be found at GiantEagle.com.
Provide world-class pricing and promotions analysis, building productive partnerships internally and externally, across the business which provides credible pricing and promotions business acumen and expertise including proactive insights into market trends, competitive activity and customer behavior. Enables the implementation of and adherence to pricing and promotions strategies & rules. Enables effective consumer-driven pricing and promotions planning and decision making. Perform analysis and determine pricing for assigned categories. Lead collaboration with category managers on pricing decisions. Manage and execute pricing to defined rules, perform ongoing assessment and optimization of prices, lead and facilitate rounds of price reductions, and ensure pricing is consistent with stated corporate strategies and is in support of its overall value proposition.
Education and Training Required
- Perform what-if analysis on pricing scenarios based upon set pricing rules, projected investment and sales, unit and margin impacts
- Present recommendations/findings to Category Business Leaders, and negotiate an acceptable implementation plan.
- Provide Pricing and Promotion analysis in support of the Category Business Planning process and Pricing and Promtions Roadmap, using customer, POS and syndicated data.
- Establish, build, update and manage pricing rules within pricing tool to support the overarching corporate pricing strategy.
- Lead and facilitate tasks in support of the overall Merchandising Strategy, ensuring actions are in accordance with the pricing goal state and roadmap. This includes working with business leaders to identify categories and items to be included, determining prices, calculating investment and margin impacts, co-ordinate in-store implementation, and tracking and analyzing impact.
- Implement and maintain pricing as directed within specific retail zones, ensuring pricing is consistent with stated corporate strategies and is in support of its overall value proposition.
- Perform ad hoc pricing analysis as appropriate.
- Perform Analysis to determine overal success of promotional activity (PDP, PDA and Lobby)
- Support advertising and marketing in pricing communications to customers.
- Assist pricing organization by ensuring a high level of accuracy of the data required for pricing analysis and actions.
- Additional projects as required.
- Assist in the support of strategies across all banners.
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\$1 – \\$100k
- Bachelors Degree Business/Economics/Math
- 3 to 5 years
- Proficient in advanced functionality and analysis with Excel; Working knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge and understanding of market level data (Nielsen)
- Understanding of Business Intelligence tools and analysis
- Retail experience helpful, but not required
- Merchandising experience helpful, but not required
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Computer Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Continuous Learner
- Numeric Computation/Reporting
- Open to Feedback
- Presentation & Verbal Communic
- Project Management
- Written Communication
- Normal office environment
- Fax Machine
101 Kappa Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Analyst, Lead Pricing