Journeyman Meat Cutter (Full Time) Wilmington Road Giant Eagle
Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine’s largest private corporations list, is one of the nation’s largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We’re creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.
“Together, we improve people’s everyday lives and well-being.” As a Giant Eagle Team Member, you will be part of a team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs. As a member of our meat team, your primary responsibility will be to ensure our customers are provided with the freshest product possible
Education and Training Required
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring their orders are filled to meet their expectations. Meat team members are also expected to make suggestions to our customers to enhance their shopping experience.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the team member’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Cut meat to be sold to customers by taking the product out of the cooler and cutting meat into smaller sizes to be packaged for sale in accordance with Giant Eagle policies and procedures.
- Make ground meat by putting coarse ground into grinder then traying meat.
- Accurately record and assist in preparation of special orders to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Assist in maintaining meat cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure customers safety.
- No High School diploma required
1st Shift – 6a – 3p, 2nd Shift – 2p – 10p
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Numeric Computation/Reporting
- Written Communication
- Takes Direction
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Auto Wrapper
- Cardboard Baler
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Ice Machine
- Manual Wrapper
- Meat Tumbler
- Pressure Hose
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
3230 Wilmington Road, New Castle, PA 16105
Team Leader, Meat Assistant