Director, Supply Chain
Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 36 on Forbes magazine’s largest private corporations list, is one of the nation’s largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.5 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with more than 420 stores throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
This position will help transform Giant Eagle’s enterprise Supply Chain into a dynamic and flexible network continually optimized with AI technologies and supported by automation to meet the current and future expectations of the end customer through speed of delivery, highest accuracy, and lowest cost. The key drivers include Network optimization, DC four wall efficiency and a robust delivery network which will anticipate current and future needs to deliver desired results.
Education and Training Required
- Ensure that all work processes support and are aligned with Safety initiatives throughout the network while continuing to optimize the network.
- Identify all potential solutions (including pilot projects), prioritize the solutions, develop full scale implementation plans, confirm attainment of the project goals, drive it home.
- Perform both tactical and strategic work to reduce / eliminate supply chain constraints at both the supplier, facility and value stream level, working and collaborating with a cross-functional team of personnel and manage communication up and down the organization all while utilizing automation to maximize the Supply Chain.
- Define requirements for operations and ensures the implementation of Continuous Improvement strategies and initiatives to effectively meet or exceed business requirements & customer expectations.
- Apply broad knowledge to act as a key contributor on complex or critical assignments to ensure financial accountability according to scope and progression.
- Ensure developmentally productive environment for all Team Members and act as an advisor/coach to mentor other team members, including but not limited to the DC and transportation management teams.
- Administer and communicate company policies, procedures, goals, strategies, and vision.
- Facilitate quality systems and continuous process improvement in accordance with LEAN thinking throughout the organization.
- Responsible for advancing company metrics (safety, quality, delivery, cost, and morale).
- Develop, model, and coach continuous improvement applications.
- Regularly review performance/labor expectations with leadership teams across the organization, providing expectations, performance planning, feedback, training & development and performance discussions.
- Develop and meet department budget numbers
- Perform administrative duties commensurate with the requirements of the organization including data gathering, scorecarding KPI’s, metrics, reports and newsletters
- In-depth knowledge of Supply Chain Management with experience partnering with Local Operations teams in distribution and fulfillment models, transportation, customer service/care, replenishment and business unit/commercial teams, preferably in food retail.
- Bachelors Degree Engineering, Logistics, Operations, Management, Lean Manufacturing or related field
- 5 to 10 years
- 5-10 years of operations experience, Supply Chain and/or Lean experience. Education may substitute for years of experience.
- Transportation Knowledge and Warehouse Management
- Safety & Security
- Business Management Skills
- Planning: Strategic and/or Tactical – must have capabilities to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Automation experience
- Excellent communication, presentation, motivational, coaching, and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Innovation Management
- Open to Feedback
- Presentation & Verbal Communic
- Project Management
- Written Communication
- Aware of surroundings in a high traffic warehouse environment
- Normal office environment
- Warehouse environment with exposure to hot and cold temperatures
- Fax Machine
755 Beechnut Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15205
SVP, Supply Chain