Coordinator, Confidential HR
Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine’s largest private corporations list, is one of the nation’s largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We’re creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.
This position will support the administrative functions of Human Resources that directly affect team members in the retail stores.
Education and Training Required
- Process weekly payroll, including pre-close, pay report review, overtime & labor reporting, payroll submission, paycheck adjustments, accumulated hours book, and vacation and holiday tracking to guarantee team members receive accurate pay.
- Manage attendance tracking of both tardies and absence incidents of all team members, maintaining documentation of attendance write-ups, proper disposition of medical documents and doctor’s excuses to ensure accurate records are retained for the store¿s reference.
- Assist with team member issues, including leaves of absence, payroll discrepancies, contacting the Team Member Relations Specialist with complaints and concerns, coordination of unemployment documentation and witnesses for hearings, and encouraging open lines of communication with the Store Leader, TMRS, and Department Leaders to ensure each team members’ needs are met.
- Creating and posting requisitions for open positions; Reviewing qualified candidates; Completing phone screens/interviews and coordinating Hiring Manager Interviews; Organize and facilitate Store Orientations, including creating name tags, scheduling new hires for orientation, reviewing policies and procedures, ordering uniforms, completing new hire paperwork, and I-9 verifications; coordinate store hiring needs; follow up on new hire surveys.
- Submit status change notifications, data entry transactions, and terminations to Corporate Human Resources to ensure accurate and timely information is obtained and any inconsistencies can be resolved.
- Provide administrative support for functions such as tracking training in the system, organizing the United Way efforts, providing a yearly vacation schedule, and completing all uniform, business card, stationary, Personal Protective Equipment and name badge orders to ensure streamlined efficiency.
- Support and assist the Store Leader as requested in areas such as the Safety Committee and yearly drives and fundraising efforts to ensure efficient store operations. Coordinate donations.
- Update and post bid letters and management’s weekly schedules for team members and the Store Leader so that all team members are kept up-to-date on store opportunities and communications.
- Adhere to and understand the Collective Bargaining Agreement (if applicable) to be knowledgeable of vacation and holiday policies and procedures.
- Miscellaneous payroll, handling punches, scheduling issues, SmartTrack maintenance.
- I-9 certification certification required; follow up on I-9 verifications.
- Track birthdays and anniversaries for all team members, as well as lunch coupons and the perfect attendance report, providing a monthly drawing in order to recognize all team members.
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\$0
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Computer Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Open to Feedback
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Fax Machine
9805 McKnight Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Partner, HR Business I