Curbside/Home Delivery Team Leader (FT) – Giant Eagle – Scalp Ave
Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine’s largest private corporations list, is one of the nation’s largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We’re creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.
Our Curbside Express and Home Delivery Team Leader manages the entire Curbside team. You will ensure our Curbside Express and Home Delivery orders are fulfilled and delivered quickly, accurately, and with a smile. You will collaborate with our curbside team members and drivers to fulfill each order to perfection and on time. This role is for a mover and a shaker in the foodie world!
Education and Training Required
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Enable unparalleled guest service by leading the team by example, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Perform managerial duties for the position including but not limited to directing the workforce, hiring manager interview and selection, scheduling team members for the department. Coach and discipline Team Members in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Drive and build sales for new home delivery service, partnering with project managers for profitability and growth in this new business venture. Partner with third party delivery service to ensure orders are being fulfilled on time and to perfection.
- Be able to write department orders, monitor ordering, and supervise stocking and receiving with latest tools and technology/autonomated ordering systems. Track and reduce out of stocks and participate in taking of physical inventories. Utilize all available tools to help reduce and eliminate shrink
- Set and reach aggressive sales and profit goals by encouraging sampling and suggesting as much as possible, while also managing shrink.
- Establish an ongoing communication plan with the Curbside team, ensuring that all Team Members are informed and prepared to put their best food forward!
- Make innovative plans and suggestions to improve our business plans, and know that collaboration across all levels of the company and store will make those ideas come to life.
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team, focusing on respect, setting an exemplary example, and remembering that food is FUN! Recognition, team development and continuously raising the bar should be second nature in this role.
- Identify strengths and opportunities on the Curbside team and think strategically when making moves and scheduling. Remember, leaders develop future leaders and we’re counting on you to identify Team Members who are poised to rise through the ranks. Our people are our best asset!
- Nurture an environment of inclusion and diversity, keeping in mind that each Team Member has a voice.
- Inspire the Curbside team, as well as our guests, with a passion for food and a willingness to do everything it takes to make each guest’s event or order perfect.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and be scheduled according to needs of business including but not limited to necessary required amount of nights, weekends and holidays.
- Provide guest service that exceeds expectations for both internal and external guests. Understand all Guest Service Initiatives and Measurement tools (i.e. Voice of Guest, Mystery Shoppers). Respond to guest calls regarding product inquiries, special orders and product requests. Address customer care calls when appropriate. Provide coaching, feedback and, where applicable, discipline to Team Members not meeting guest service standards
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning inventories and work processes to calculate monthly gross profits according to company policy.
- Follow company sampling requirements/suggestive selling and comply with Day of the Week Merchandising initiatives.
- Understand and adhere to all relevant local, state and federal laws/guidelines as well as company policies.
- Assist the team in shopping/fulfilling orders, delivering orders ready for pickup, and contacting customers regarding any potential order or out of stock issues.
- Supervision of team members in one department
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 18 months to 3 years of additional training
** Retail Shifts **
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Computer Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Continuous Learner
- Innovation Management
- Open to Feedback
- Presentation & Verbal Communic
- Project Management
- Written Communication
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Extreme Outdoor temperatures
- Inclement weather (hot/cold, snowy, rainy)
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Fax Machine
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Cleaning cart
- Coffee Brewer
- Coffee Grinder
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Helium Tanks
- Ice Machine
- Label Gun
- Ordering Machine
- Plastic Baler
- Power jacks
- Power Lift
- Pressure Hose
- Pressure Washer
- Price Gun
- Receiving Gun
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Shop Vacuum
- Shrink Wrapper
- Stanley Doors
- Steam Machine
- Trash compactor
- Grease Fryers
1451 Scalp Avenue, Johnstown, PA 15904