Over Night Stock Clerk (Part Time) Gahanna Giant Eagle
Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine’s largest private corporations list, is one of the nation’s largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We’re creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.
“Together, we improve people’s everyday lives and well-being.” As a Giant Eagle Team Member, you will be part of a team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs. As a member of the Grocery team, you will be responsible for replenishing stock for our customers. The majority of your time will be spent on the sales floor, directly interacting with our customers and ensuring they are able to find the products they need. As a member of our team, you will also be fully trained and able to assist customers in other areas in the store including, but not limited to, the Dairy and Frozen Departments, as well as the Front End service area.
Education and Training Required
- Provide exemplary customer service by ensuring products are replenished on the shelves and helping customers locate product.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers. Be knowledgeable of weekly ad items.
- Smile and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the team member’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Replenish product on the shelf, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room.
- Set up displays on the sales floor.
- Assist in maintaining back room efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure customer’s safety.
- Assist in other areas as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
3rd Shift – 10p – 6a (Overnight)
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Cardboard Baler
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Price Gun
- Safety Cutter
- Wire Cutter
1250 North Hamilton Road, Columbus, OH 43230
Team Leader, Night Crew – S